HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmyg

06 quiet exhaust

14 posts in this topic

has any one found a good solution for a spark arrested quieter than stock exhaust that doesnt kill the power ? i tried a fmf Q on my 426 but it killed the low end power & thats just what i like to use.whats out there that will fit the bill??

I have a PC496, and like it a lot. I changed the end cap to open it up a little. Power is down a little, but not much. It's still plenty fast. It's not quietest pipe out there, but definately quieter than stock. :thumbsup:

I have the Dr. D with the quiet insert and SA. Its quieter than stock and has awesome power. I have not had it tested yet, but when I do I will post the numbers, its supposed to be around 98 db.

thanks anyone try any thing else just trying to educate myself before spending $$$

I have a Ti Q2 on my 06 and once I got the jetting sorted I am extremely happy with it. I put the Q2 on the bike before I rode it so that I would'nt be disappointed in any power loss from the stock pipe. The races that I do are a 96 db limit and they check every race. I had a 426 with a Q prior to the 06 and the 06 with Q2 is flat out sweet once you get it dialed in on the jetting. Don't expect to buy any quiet pipe and not have to fiddle with the jetting to get the power back. I spent 5 hours changing jets/needles on Sunday and finally got it to run f'n SWEET!!! I ordered a powerbomb hoping to get a little harder bottom end.

Sap

i just installed my rocket exhaust

i got the racer series, and for the price you can't beat it!

the pipe came with 2 inserts a number 1 and a number 3

i have tryed both on a track and i can tell you that even tho the number 3 brings the bike down to 98 db (has been tested) there was no loss of power!!! and i was able to pull wheelies for a dead stop in second gear, tha pipe make so much more power down low and carries it all the way up on top!!! also a added gain is the pipe came with a spark arrested built in,

only problem i have had was trying to find the special loc-tite, but the hondatite work just as goods and is cheaper too!!!

for as little as the system cost 349.99 for a slip on and 499.99 for the full system, you just can't beat it!!!

i'm very happy with my system.. o and the exhasut tip comes anadizode to match the color of your bike! so mine is blue!!!

check them out at

www.rocketexhaust.com

and tell them Matt Carver sent ya!!!

yz450f.jpg

i have tryed both on a track and i can tell you that even tho the number 3 brings the bike down to 98 db (has been tested) there was no loss of power!!! and i was able to pull wheelies for a dead stop in second gear, tha pipe make so much more power down low and carries it all the way up on top!!! also a added gain is the pipe came with a spark arrested built in,

only problem i have had was trying to find the special loc-tite, but the hondatite work just as goods and is cheaper too!!!

for as little as the system cost 349.99 for a slip on and 499.99 for the full system, you just can't beat it!!!

i'm very happy with my system.. o and the exhasut tip comes anadizode to match the color of your bike! so mine is blue!!!

check them out at

www.rocketexhaust.com

yz450f.jpg

so are you saying you got a low end gain did you get the full system or the slip on ?

check them out at

www.rocketexhaust.com

yz450f.jpg

so are you saying you got a low end gain ? did you get the full system or the slip on ?

Thanks for the input. Between the two inserts which is supposed to be the quiet one, #1 or #3 ?

Just a small piece of info, if you have ridden the bike before you put say a Q2 on it you WILL be dissapointed with the power loss!