Number plate on WR

I want to put a regular number plate on the front of my 05 WR. I have seen where you can get one from a couple of aftermarket companies. Does anyone know if they mount where I can keep my trip meter?

A number plate won't mount like a YZ without either moving the odometer or fabricating something. I fabbed up some angle brackets from some 1/2" aluminum bar stock. I punched three holes in the front of the plate and used the mounting points for the stock WR headlight/number plate. I used the OEM bolts and inserts and it looks stock...SC

i just took off my odometer, but i havent found a place to put the starter button. but i love the looks of it, and i dont see a huge need for the odometer anyway. its convenient, but not necessary.

I use this system, no odometer as I have a GPS mounted while riding so it tells me speed and distance. I don't ride a night so I just have the "headlight"(cheap driving light) mounted to keep the rangers off my butt, and I mounted my license plate to be easily removable for races.Just make a small braket off of one of the Odometer Mount bolts and bolted the center of the number plate to it. WR Dave.100_0643.jpg

I replaced my ODO with a Trailtech computer and had a piece of metal fabbed up to mount my starter button on. Now my only problem is that the number plate isn't totally secure for some reason - the little pegs at the bottom don't really stay in place. Oh well, haven't lost it yet.

Matt

I'll make something for it. I like to keep up with how far I go. I'm going to start racing it in a couple of months. I have made it 50 miles before being played out riding hard in the woods. Thats the main reason I want to keep it. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll make something for it. I like to keep up with how far I go. I'm going to start racing it in a couple of months. I have made it 50 miles before being played out riding hard in the woods. Thats the main reason I want to keep it. Thanks for the suggestions.

I used to make a kit for swaping out the headlight for a number plate. I originally made it for the 01 wr 426. on the 01wr426 it was a quick release change out. you could change from one to the other in 30 seconds or less. unfortunately on the 05 wr450 it could not be a quick release. But it allowed you to keep your odometer and e-button. if you would like I could send you some pics and a diagram if I can locate it.

I used to make a kit for swaping out the headlight for a number plate. I originally made it for the 01 wr 426. on the 01wr426 it was a quick release change out. you could change from one to the other in 30 seconds or less. unfortunately on the 05 wr450 it could not be a quick release. But it allowed you to keep your odometer and e-button. if you would like I could send you some pics and a diagram if I can locate it.

Send them htwiles@vci.net