HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TWILES

Number plate on WR

8 posts in this topic

I want to put a regular number plate on the front of my 05 WR. I have seen where you can get one from a couple of aftermarket companies. Does anyone know if they mount where I can keep my trip meter?

A number plate won't mount like a YZ without either moving the odometer or fabricating something. I fabbed up some angle brackets from some 1/2" aluminum bar stock. I punched three holes in the front of the plate and used the mounting points for the stock WR headlight/number plate. I used the OEM bolts and inserts and it looks stock...SC

i just took off my odometer, but i havent found a place to put the starter button. but i love the looks of it, and i dont see a huge need for the odometer anyway. its convenient, but not necessary.

I use this system, no odometer as I have a GPS mounted while riding so it tells me speed and distance. I don't ride a night so I just have the "headlight"(cheap driving light) mounted to keep the rangers off my butt, and I mounted my license plate to be easily removable for races.Just make a small braket off of one of the Odometer Mount bolts and bolted the center of the number plate to it. WR Dave.100_0643.jpg

I replaced my ODO with a Trailtech computer and had a piece of metal fabbed up to mount my starter button on. Now my only problem is that the number plate isn't totally secure for some reason - the little pegs at the bottom don't really stay in place. Oh well, haven't lost it yet.

Matt

I'll make something for it. I like to keep up with how far I go. I'm going to start racing it in a couple of months. I have made it 50 miles before being played out riding hard in the woods. Thats the main reason I want to keep it. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll make something for it. I like to keep up with how far I go. I'm going to start racing it in a couple of months. I have made it 50 miles before being played out riding hard in the woods. Thats the main reason I want to keep it. Thanks for the suggestions.

I used to make a kit for swaping out the headlight for a number plate. I originally made it for the 01 wr 426. on the 01wr426 it was a quick release change out. you could change from one to the other in 30 seconds or less. unfortunately on the 05 wr450 it could not be a quick release. But it allowed you to keep your odometer and e-button. if you would like I could send you some pics and a diagram if I can locate it.

I used to make a kit for swaping out the headlight for a number plate. I originally made it for the 01 wr 426. on the 01wr426 it was a quick release change out. you could change from one to the other in 30 seconds or less. unfortunately on the 05 wr450 it could not be a quick release. But it allowed you to keep your odometer and e-button. if you would like I could send you some pics and a diagram if I can locate it.

Send them htwiles@vci.net