06' WR450 Parts

Hey guys, I've been mulling over a new bike for about 5 months now. I was sold on the gas gas 450 however, can't get an honest answer as to arrival times...god knows about getting parts and there is relatively no following member or aftermarket wise. So with that said I'm going with my original pick of the wr450. My question is, do the 06' WR's have the same setup as the 05' w/ regards to aftermarket parts fitment? I believe they would but who knows....? My main concerns are radiator guards(devol) frames guards, skid plate etc.

Thanks in advance and I'll be hitting your guys up with questions before you know it! ?

The '05 and '06 are the same bike except for a few bells and whistles, i.e. fork internals, softer seat, ride computer and top triple clamp. That's about it, but virtually all aftermarket items spec'd for the '05 will work...SC

As in above replies,

Virtually all aftermarket parts for the '05 will fit the '06 (frame/engine) bars and brakes have slight differences. Some part suppliers are only just getting around to updating their catalogs to include the '06.

I've bought stacks of parts listed for '05 with no problems for my '06. BTW, aren't you tempted to wait 6 months for a '07 - then you'll have to but '06 YZ parts ?

Enjoy

Colin ?

No Colin, I have no real interest for an 07'. The 06' will do just fine and be that much cheaper. I'm getting a decent deal on it. Around $6800 OTD outfitted w/ tons of guards. Just wanted to make sure they all fit nicely.

Hey Man

No Colin, I have no real interest for an 07'. The 06' will do just fine and be that much cheaper. I'm getting a decent deal on it. Around $6800 OTD outfitted w/ tons of guards. Just wanted to make sure they all fit nicely.

I couldnt agree more with the sentiment. Sounds like a good deal to me

?

They're selling for just under $5900 OTD around here. You must be getting a lot of guards. ? Lots of BRP riders have made the switch to the WR. After the uncorking process you're gonna love it. ?

He told me that the price I was getting was only $150 margin difference to him. I couldn't argue. Yeah LOTS of guards. I'll still keep the pig and the husky though.

Hey guys, I've been mulling over a new bike for about 5 months now. I was sold on the gas gas 450 however, can't get an honest answer as to arrival times...god knows about getting parts and there is relatively no following member or aftermarket wise. So with that said I'm going with my original pick of the wr450. My question is, do the 06' WR's have the same setup as the 05' w/ regards to aftermarket parts fitment? I believe they would but who knows....? My main concerns are radiator guards(devol) frames guards, skid plate etc.

Thanks in advance and I'll be hitting your guys up with questions before you know it! ?

The seat is different for sure. It's not only softer but also longer then '05