HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MindBlower

Mostly street, spring rate different?

11 posts in this topic

Would I go stiffer than the 'charts' show for a recommended weight for dirt riding? Will be mostly street with hopefully an occasional dual sport ride. Would you go one step stiffer? I'm 230lbs.

I second that.

You may want to check in the Supermoto sub-forum and ask about this. Those guys prolly know lots about setting up dirtbikes for the street.

I second that.

You may want to check in the Supermoto sub-forum and ask about this. Those guys prolly know lots about setting up dirtbikes for the street.

excellent idea! duh (me) :thumbsup:

For street riding, try adding a few clicks to both the rebound & compression dampining front & rear before buying new springs. See if that helps.

For street riding, try adding a few clicks to both the rebound & compression dampining front & rear before buying new springs. See if that helps.

Make sure on the rear you use a real mono spring tightener, a screw driver and a hammer is for dumb asses who wanna make their bikes look like shit.

Make sure on the rear you use a real mono spring tightener, a screw driver and a hammer is for dumb asses who wanna make their bikes look like shit.

or for people that don't want to dissasemble their subframe to adjust their preload.

how does that make a bike look like shit. i have been doing that ever since i started riding. i have also seen many many people use that tecnique at the track.

You guys are playing in to his hands.

we've tried before.

and as has been stated before, if you can't beat em, join em :thumbsup::thumbsup:

or for people that don't want to dissasemble their subframe to adjust their preload.

Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. It looks like a total dumb ass had the bike when there are massive indents in the preload rings because he didnt wanna buy a 13 dollar wrench or even take the time to rig one up for free. If you need to do it and do it fast, then I guess I can understand the screw driver hammer method.