HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

greasy pig

11 posts in this topic

I will be taking the WR apart to grease all the fittings before it first ride. At this point I am planning on using LPS Thermaplex Aqua grease. I have used this in many wet industrial aplications and it works great. I haven't used it on any needle bearings or small aplications like such. Does it matter what grease to use?

Waterproof grease would suffice, but you might consider buying a small tub of moly grease for a few bucks.

I found that just using moly paste can dry out too easily, and moly grease is the best. YMMV.

More than just molybdenum - which is a metallic elememnt which is alloyed with iron to make cutting tools and other stuff (like motorcyle frames) - it stands for Molybdenum Sulfide (or molybdenite). This is a graphite like compound that increases load capacity of grease.

I stand corrected.....my brain can't handle the strain anymore. I wrote disulfide and then switched to sulfide several times. For the life of me I couldn't remember. But a quick check of old books (long time on the shelf) and there is the answer - Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2).

Goes to prove that there are no dumb questions - just dumb answers!

Thanks for the input.

I will give molybendumover a try.

Is it waterproof?

Seriously, thanks guy's.