greasy pig

I will be taking the WR apart to grease all the fittings before it first ride. At this point I am planning on using LPS Thermaplex Aqua grease. I have used this in many wet industrial aplications and it works great. I haven't used it on any needle bearings or small aplications like such. Does it matter what grease to use?

Waterproof grease would suffice, but you might consider buying a small tub of moly grease for a few bucks.

I used the Honda moly paste (per Clark's recommendation) for the linkage and other spots that call for moly as shown in the manual.

Brian

I found that just using moly paste can dry out too easily, and moly grease is the best. YMMV.

this may be a dumb question, but what does moly stand for? Who makes it

Hmmmm, let me see it I can spell it right. Molybdenum???

More than just molybdenum - which is a metallic elememnt which is alloyed with iron to make cutting tools and other stuff (like motorcyle frames) - it stands for Molybdenum Sulfide (or molybdenite). This is a graphite like compound that increases load capacity of grease.

Correctomundo. I always thought it was molybdenum disulfide.

I stand corrected.....my brain can't handle the strain anymore. I wrote disulfide and then switched to sulfide several times. For the life of me I couldn't remember. But a quick check of old books (long time on the shelf) and there is the answer - Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2).

Goes to prove that there are no dumb questions - just dumb answers!

Mobil 28 synthetic aviation grease!

Thanks for the input.

I will give molybendumover a try.

Is it waterproof?

Seriously, thanks guy's.