HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chancho196

WR400 CDI units. All the same?

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks, hopefully somebody can help me out. I need a CDI unit on my 2000 WR400 and have been offered one from a '98 '99 model. Are they all the same? Any help would be muchly appreciated. :thumbsup:

I just checked the www.mtracing.com website and the listings for the vortex ignitions suggests that the CDI units are the same for '98-01 WR's but you may want to call them to comfirm the info. WR Dave.

Go to www.powersportspro.com and sign up to use their "Parts Fish". I use it quite often even tho I have parts manuals for my bikes (like now!). I looked up a CDI unit for the '99 and '00 WR400, and they have different part numbers from Yamaha. Dunno what the difference is, but apparently Yamaha decided to make 2 different ones.

Cheers C-ya, I've actually got one off a 1999 model and it seems to run fine now. I'll see what it's like out on the trail. Very often we find on cars that different models have the same part but numbered differently. Hopefully this is the case! :thumbsup:

on cars that different models have the same part but numbered differently.

Yes, I've dealt with that as well. It's kind of like a date stamp, I think.

Glad it's working so far.