HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HappyG

wr426 needs to lose weight again.

12 posts in this topic

sorry guys tried a search, but i think i need answers a little more specific for my knowledge and ability.

i have an 02 wr426 and would like to "thin out the middle" with a new seat/tank/shroud combo. (since thats probably cheaper and easier than trying to thin out my own middle)

what year/s engine size yz parts would interchange exactly with mine.

sorry if the questions been beaten up already.

and thanks for everyones help.

ok, now i tells me what the model numbers to the same tank i have are, but thats not the info i need?

yamaha website will tell me what years and model yz's interchange tanks with mine? hmmm...? i didnt see that.

yamaha website will tell me what years and model yz's interchange tanks with mine? hmmm...? i didnt see that.

the parts list thing is on the website I was only tryin to tell you where you could find it

i know where the parts listings are, i wanted interchange info.

i know yz426 parts will fit, i was hopeing to confirm if yz250 parts can be used, and if so what years.

thanks

someone pm'ed me and said he did the exact same thing i wanted, and traded someone that had a yz250 tank seat and shrouds since that guy wanted the bigger tank, so that answers one interchange ability that i needed.

btw, thanks for your help matty05 on your reply above.

theres always someone.

i know where the parts listings are, i wanted interchange info.

i know yz426 parts will fit, i was hopeing to confirm if yz250 parts can be used, and if so what years.

thanks

I think the 01/02 YZ250F plastics will fit. I am pretty sure the 01/02 YZ426F and 01/02 YZ250F plastics are the same (spec same gas capacity) and I know YZ426 plastics fit on WR426 bikes, whew, thus I think the 250f stuff will work. We have all three bikes in our family, maybe if I have nothing to do someday I will try trading parts. And I think the YZ/WR400 also fit too. Also as you most likely know already, the YZ seat must be used with the YZ tank and shrouds, they don't mix with WR stuff. Hope this helps. WR

I think the 01/02 YZ250F plastics will fit. I am pretty sure the 01/02 YZ426F and 01/02 YZ250F plastics are the same (spec same gas capacity) and I know YZ426 plastics fit on WR426 bikes, whew, thus I think the 250f stuff will work. We have all three bikes in our family, maybe if I have nothing to do someday I will try trading parts. And I think the YZ/WR400 also fit too. Also as you most likely know already, the YZ seat must be used with the YZ tank and shrouds, they don't mix with WR stuff. Hope this helps. WR

GREAT thanks, thats the type of helpfull info i was looking for, guess more than just the footpegs fit.

The IMS YZ tank, CEET seat, and stock WR shrouds from my '01 426 fit just perfectly on my son's 02 WR 250.