HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madharvic

Steering dampner

11 posts in this topic

(i´m pretty drunk when writing this, if i´m totally wrong, you know why..)

to put it simple, a bike who is set up to turn easily will get pretty nervous at higher speed, and a bike thats set up to handle higher speeds is hard to turn ....

it all has to do with the angle of the fork, and the advance (if that what its called?) ...

a steering dampener reduces the jerking in the bar, and makes the bike less nervous at higher speeds .....

When trail riding and if you hit a rock or tree it won't make you crash :thumbsup:

Wow!!! That's an impressive claim. I've got to get me one of them. :thumbsup:

Damper not dampner or dampener.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, that drives me crazy

BTW' date=' [i']dampening [/i] is to wet something.

:bonk:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, that drives me crazy

bet you writes worse in swedish than i do in english .. :bonk:

bet you writes worse in swedish than i do in english .. :confused:
en ol tac. That's about the extent of my Swedish,... and I probably didn't spell it right either. :thumbsup: I make it a point to know the essentials when I travel, though. :bonk:

But my comment wasn't directed at you, per se. (I didn't even notice you were from Sweden) It just happens to be a very common error, not just among foreigners (aren't I a foreigner to you?) or even TTers. Since my early teens I can remember people talking about the "harmonic dampener " on cars.

Anyway, that quote was actually stolen from another recent post. :thumbsup:

My son and I do alot of trail riding and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a good two way radio system that is out there that you would suggest?