talk me into new wr450

Hey there right now I own a very reliable 2003 klx400r which I made street legal and have 12000+ kms on, but am considering a new wr450 that I would make street legal. I want more power but good reliability. So talk me into it tell me the good and bad of the wr please. ?

its too late to try to talk you into it. I think you have already decided that you want to buy the wr450 and are looking for help in justifying your decision to replace a good, stable and reliable bike with another one.

So, to help you out, I offer the following...

The WR is a great bike. With the proper maintenance, it will last forever. It handles great and has great power.

You may want to alter the gearing for the street a bit. However, in the dirt, it will be more fun that you can possibly imagine.

You will go faster, stop faster and turn quicker than the KLX will ever allow you to do.

The best thing is that you will have superior aftermarket support for the WR and will be able to get it setup for the exact type of riding that you want to do.

Enjoy your new bike.

Hey there right now I own a very reliable 2003 klx400r which I made street legal and have 12000+ kms on, but am considering a new wr450 that I would make street legal. I want more power but good reliability. So talk me into it tell me the good and bad of the wr please. ?

Compared to your kawazuki, it is all good mate.

They are heavy, but lighter than your 400, More parts available, Easily street legal, Powerful with a few mods such as pipe.

The WR450 would be a good upgrade, wait till the '07 model to get one. Should be a whole new bike.

You should be able to plate it right off the showroom floor. You can easily make it completely legal with a few simple mods. I know of several with plates that are more or less legal. If you live on Vancouver Island PM me and maybe we can get together and trade bikes for a few miles of testing.