PMB insert or FMF q2

I jsut got a new 06 wr450f. I would like to know if there is much diference in power between the PMB insert or the FMFq2 muffler. Anyone use both? I will be buying one or the other soon, and dont want to waste my money if there is not much difference.

Thanks!!

Hi,

There has been quite a bit of debate about exhausts THIS and exhausts THAT on this and probably other Forums as well - understandably as it seems to be one of the first items that incurs, along with suspension, the Big $ $pending!- you might wish to run a search and scan past comments on this matter:

I jsut got a new 06 wr450f. I would like to know if there is much diference in power between the PMB insert or the FMFq2 muffler. Anyone use both? I will be buying one or the other soon, and dont want to waste my money if there is not much difference.

Thanks!!

As a rough guide for WRs see the folllowing from the FMF website (you did say you were looking at a Q2!): Have a look at the Dyno graphs for 03WRs...you could dispute thay are not applicable for later models - but its the only quoted figs. I can find.

http://www.fmfracing.com/dynoroom.asp#yam18

FMF Racing

Some other TT members may be able to provide more accurate data. You can see - not much difference, at least for the 03 Model! (it compares Q2 with Typical insert)

As for noise, I think the PMB and Q2 are probably similar - close anyway. Both should be under 96Db if that is and issue.

As for price - well you know this. TT will give you a good deal on whatever you buy - they have the 110% price garantee - ALWAYS cheaper than other internet suppliers! I have used it - it works.

IMHO? get the PMB, setup your bike (everything else, search www.thumperfaq.com) , then if you get tired and want a new pipe - go for it!

Enjoy TT, and the bike, good choice, my .02

Colin

:thumbsup: