HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveWR450F

Handlebar suggestions?

1 post in this topic

I ride an 04 WR 450. It has a Scott's steering stablizer with the BRP /Scott Submount which adds overall height to the bars. I am currently using Pro Taper YZ High bars. I am 5 feet 11 inches and stand most of the time while riding. Generally, I prefer a higher bar bend because its easier on my lower back after a long day of riding.

I want the bars to be a little lower now that I have mounted the submount bar riser. The plan was to switch over to the YZ low bend. I would like the new bars to be an inch lower if possible. Unfortunately, it looks the YZ low bend is getting discontinued. Something about problems with Easton , the supplier, and Answer is introducing some new carbon based bars.

Any suggestions on what might work best for me. I like Pro Taper over Renthal bars but maybe I need to reconsider. Thanks for your time.