upgrade debate

what is a better upgrade if i had to choose between one or the other. a boyesen water pump impeller or a boyesen quickshot AC pump cover for a 01yz426f. thanks

Do you have a problem that either of these parts will solve for you?

Over heating = Boyesen water pump impeller

Bog on Acceleration = Boyesen quickshot AC pump cover

If you do not have either of issue than don't bother.

Have you done the 03 cam mod? Thats the first place I would start.

If I had to choose between the 2, I would get the quick shot.

The best mod is the 450 exhaust cam, the second is a JD Jet kit...IMO.

neither are needed on this bike. But if you have money to burn....go for it.

i would really like to get rid of the bogg and have more response, so i guess the quickshot would be good

on the 01 start with cleaning the carb thoroughly followed by jetting it properly. If that does not get rid of the bog then do the GB/BK mod

BK MOD INSTRUCTIONS

The quickshot will not cure a bog. That is a bigger problem.

I have never had an issue with my 426 bogging nor have I heard of anyone else with a 400, 426 or 450 having this problem. Before spending money, clean the carb and make sure it is jetting properly.

Have you had the suspension worked by a professional yet? IMO that is always first before any power mods. What was that tire commercial? Power is nothing without control.

i do have really nice provalve suspension, thanks though

Cool. Next thing for me would be brakes. An oversized rotor and SS line would be cool. My 426 is plenty fast and responsive. Better brakes would be nice though. But if you ride woods, that impeller could be nice. I rode mine there a couple of times and it blew coolant everywhere.

ya i know, make sure you use engine ice for ur radiator, it works way better, but i like to ride everywhere, the track, glamis, woods, trails everything, my friend got the quickshot for his 03 450 and he said it made his bike rip!! but thanks for the info, ill look into the brakes

does the cam mod only make it so i dont need the decompression lever or does it make the bike way faster too? and when you did it, do you just put the cam in or do you have to get a new chain, and adjustments. i red that big forum at the top of the page and still im confused, so what did u do, thanks

does the cam mod only make it so i dont need the decompression lever or does it make the bike way faster too? and when you did it, do you just put the cam in or do you have to get a new chain, and adjustments. i red that big forum at the top of the page and still im confused, so what did u do, thanks

I've read that the cam mod does not improve the top end and even may decrease the bottom end power. I know that the primary benefit is that you no longer need to pull the decompression lever since it is built into to the cam. I dont think you have to do the chain but I'll let you know when I do mine. I gotta try it but not until I go high compression piston etc.