HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boyonblue52

Yz450f rear sprocket probs

7 posts in this topic

A my freind has a 2003 yz450f...the same bike as mine and he has had problems lately and in the past where he would sheer the rear sprocket bolts right off! He has tried thread lock and everything but every once in a while he will sheer them off. He rides the bike like a pro...and does pretty well and so i was wondering if there would be a solution to this or if anyone has had the same problems

Replace all the YZF sproket bolts with CRF sproket bolts and nuts. My 03 had and alot of other's on newer YZF have had the same problem which usually results in a destroyed hub. So go get some CRF sproket bolts and and get rid of the stock ones asap!

A my freind has a 2003 yz450f...the same bike as mine and he has had problems lately and in the past where he would sheer the rear sprocket bolts right off! He has tried thread lock and everything but every once in a while he will sheer them off. He rides the bike like a pro...and does pretty well and so i was wondering if there would be a solution to this or if anyone has had the same problems

OE Yamaha bolts will work you have to tighten the crap out of them & if they break they would have anyway.

I used the stock one and I have about a half inch eaten out of my swing arm due to the lil bast*rds coming loose. Definitely use the almost permanent lock tight

TRUST ME! Save your self the headache and $$$$ and get the CRF bolts!! The stock Yamaha ones are JUNK! You will not have to piss with the CRF sproket bolts and they fit perfect. Don't listen to the other BS "stock ones will work" BS, yes they will work but for how long. I own 2 motocross tracks and have seen at least a dozen rear Yamaha wheels destroyed from the sproket bolts coming loose. The KX 250 bolts work as well. Take the Yamaha ones out and go get the CRF or Kx sproket bolts. I have a 06 Yam. and I will changing them over once I start to ride.