HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DC_Excitement

Service Manual wrong?

8 posts in this topic

My book is the same. Its wrong, that's the starter jet. Your arrow is pointing to the pilot jet.

yep your right but you can always just look at the # on the jet if you arent sure

Not sure but I think that the O1 pipe is the first one that will clear the filter without removing the pipe but all you have to do is loosen it so it will twist far enough out of the way.

So do the Pilot Jet and the Starter jet look the same as far as appearance when they are out of the carb? I just did mine and followed the manual so I wonder if i put a 48 pilot in the starter jet. Is this even possible?

thanks Matt...I figured as much but wanted to be sure. The bike runs great now with the jetting. They must have changed the manual as this was my first time jetting and it seemed like the manual was spot on with what I needed to do.