Saying god-bye to my 01 426

Here a link to my baby that I thought I would share with everyone before I let her go. ?http://photobucket.com/albums/e380/jecsr/YZ426F-YL/

My son is racing and we have been working late on Saturday nights after he practices to get his bike ready for the race on Sunday. Last couple of times has been pretty close in getting it ready. Trying to find replacement parts in a day has been tough. It only makes since to sell her and buy another 03 YZ250 for him to practice on, swap parts, race, etc… I tried to talk him into racing this one, However, he prefers the 2-smoker. This will at least give us a week to repair anything that might brake or get replacement parts. I’ll be taking to a local shop this week and listing it here at TT and eBay. Hopefully it will go quick. Enjoy !

That is one nice looking 426! looks brand new. Bet your proud of it. Did it take you long to get it looking that good?

Thanks ! I am very proud of it and I always tried to keep it looking as new as possible. After every ride, I’ll break it all the way down and wash everything by hand with soap and water. I never use a pressure washer, just a hose pipe attachment. When putting it back together, I would touch up the worn off paint, grease the axels, put wd-40 on the chain (after laying it flat out and scrubbing it with a brush to remove all the dirt) and make sure that everything is adjusted right and feeling smooth. I always change the oil and filter every other ride and the fork oil every 20 hours. Keeping it serviced and looking like new, makes the finished product well worth the effort. She will be missed, But they'll be another one that I can call my own one day ?

Just for yucks, how much are you selling it for?

I have it at a local shop asking $3200. I know that sounds high, but after seeing the prices of the other bikes, it was a bit low.