Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odonnks

AIS removal kit

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever lost a plug during a ride?

Got the TT version. Good quality and fit.

I expected the removal of the factory fittings to be very tough. They came out clean.

Install of the small plug wasa piece of cake !

Install of the exhaust plug was a bi#%h. There is virtually no way to get a clean angle to drive it in. This is not a kit problem but a problem getting access to the plug since its almost centered behind the frame.

Its in now but plug's head is buggered up. It shouldn't matter but geezzze!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Fun, wasn't it? Did you remove the right side radiator? That's what I did, and then I used an extra long 1/4" socket extension as a punch to pound it in. I hope you used some high-temp RTV on it as well!...SC

I did it with the RS rad still in place but I pulled the bolts. I did use some silicone sealer. After all that I'd pull the rad if I had to do it again.

The piece that I removed came out sooo easy I was supprised. It didn't look to have any silicone at all on it.

I'm not sure why someone would ever want to remove the aluminum plug but if so that would be near impossible without yanking the engine.

You use the term "but plug's". :bonk::eek::lol::eek::thumbsup:

Ha Ha!

Has anyone ever lost a plug during a ride?

Got the TT version. Good quality and fit.

I expected the removal of the factory fittings to be very tough. They came out clean.

Install of the small plug wasa piece of cake !

Install of the exhaust plug was a bi#%h. There is virtually no way to get a clean angle to drive it in. This is not a kit problem but a problem getting access to the plug since its almost centered behind the frame.

Its in now but plug's head is buggered up. It shouldn't matter but geezzze!

:thumbsup::bonk::bonk: