Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SanJoseWR450F

XR400 vs Xr600 rear wheel vs. XL

9 posts in this topic

Is a 96 XR 400 rear wheel different from a 96 XR600 rear wheel? How about an XL wheel, besides the cush drive, will an XL wheel fit on a XR? Thanks.

Thanks about the XL wheel. How about an XR400 vs. XR600, are the rear wheels the same or different?

Not sure, but my:

'93 250R rear is a 18x1.85 (front is a 21x1.60)

'06 L rear is a 18x2.15 (front is a 21x1.60)

I was kinda hoping they might be interchangeable, in the off-chance I'd want to add pure dirt skins to the L. The fron looks like it might swap, speedo/odo drive included. I still have to verify it, though.

Thanks, I am hoping the hub is at least the same from XR400 to XR600. I'm converting an 89 drum brake XR600 to disc brake and I seem to be able to find a lot of XR400 rear wheels and no XR600 wheels. I can always lace a new rim on it.

you can look in bikebandit.com and compare part #s

Very usefull to see what fits what if the part #s are the same.

XR400 wheel should fit, they fit my 650 as long as I use the 400 caliper mounting bracket because the rotor is a different size, but the calipers are the same, and the hubs are the same size. Aslo a CR250/500 rear wheal are the same hub/rotor size, till you get into the aluminum frame 250. :thumbsup:

XR400 wheel should fit, they fit my 650 as long as I use the 400 caliper mounting bracket because the rotor is a different size, but the calipers are the same, and the hubs are the same size. Aslo a CR250/500 rear wheal are the same hub/rotor size, till you get into the aluminum frame 250. :excuseme:

Could you put a xr650L rotor on the xr400 rear hub instead?