HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve lemley

Decision time guys. Which pipe, will it help?

13 posts in this topic

Okay its time to buy a pipe. I currently have the stock WR muffler with the baffles removed and a high flow tip on. I want to get a new exhaust system but I have a two part question.

1. How much noticable performance after jetting will I get with the new pipe over my current set up above and is the difference really worth the money?

2. I can probley get either the Powercore 4 or the Type 496 for the same cost, (hook up!!!). Which one of these two pipes do I get then if cost is no issue and noticable performance is the total decision maker?

You guys rock thanks in advance for the answers. :bonk::thumbsup::bonk::thumbsup::bonk:

The Powercore 4 has a good (and reasonably quiet) insert option for when you may need it ... have a look at this one #GYT-5TA93-01-AL - it is a great option (speaking from experience) and once your bike is jetted correctly you'll have yourself a tuneable weapon !!!

My specs (your's may differ slightly) 0 ~ 5000'

48 Pilot

Yamaha OBDUS needle (third from top)

172 Main

ZIPTY 1 3/4 turns out

good luck !!

Thanks, I f I decide to go with the powercore , i will set it to those settings and go from there. Good info thanks again. Anyone else have an opinion???

Thanks, I f I decide to go with the powercore , i will set it to those settings and go from there. Good info thanks again. Anyone else have an opinion???

Why not have your suspension properly setup by someone? It'll make you faster than a pipe will.

I have PC496 on both my '03 WR450 and '06 YZ450. It is a good improvement over stock (uncorked) on the WR, and no significant loss of power from stock on the YZ. It's not the quietest of the 'quiet' pipes, has a nice deep bark, but definitely quieter than the stock YZ. Best thing about it is you don't have to plug it and re-jet for less sound(I'm lazy).

You might even think about getting a YZ450F muffler, with a pro moto billet spark arrestor and/or silent insert, this is much cheaper, and the gains are almost the same as those from aftermarket setups. Much lighter then the stock WR muffler too!!

Thats what I though but didnt know. Thanks ill look for one of those or I think i might just go with the powercore 4??? Dam I hate all the decisions :eek::bonk::thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk: