Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlight9

Applied triple clamps

7 posts in this topic

Just installed my new Applied triple clamp set on my YZ450 and got a small ride in. I had raised my fork up in the stock clamps and that seemed to help with the cornering and push. But the Applied clamps are even better than expected. The bike turns like no other and didn't notice any push even with the stock front tire. The reason I got the set up really was to raise the bars a little to help with my height, "6'3" But the turning was just a extra added bonus, and man does it turn now. couldn't be any happier. In my opinion it was money well spent. :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk::bonk::eek:

Is this an '06, and is the clamp offset stock? Did you use both upper and lower, or just the upper.

Yes it's a 2006 YZ450 and no it's not the stock offset. The new offset is a 27 over the stock 25. It is the upper and lower clamps, I had them also install a aluminum steer tube as well. Like I said in the first post, I'm very pleased with this set up.

I got them from Applied shipping and everything was $435.00. In the rigid mount you can get them in 5mm or 10mm over stock height. With the rubber mount which are the ones I got come in 5, 10 or 15mm height. www.appliedrace.com

I just bought a set from Motosport outlet for $309. I have read great things about this offset. I also went with the 10mm taller mounts.