Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DC_Excitement

Where to buy jets

7 posts in this topic

hi im lookin to buy a 48 pilot jet for my 450, i was wondering where i could get one on the internet, i know my dealer is gonna charge like 15 bucks for the thing, thanks

Actually I think my dealer charged me about $5 for one of those. The 45 pilot jets are the real killers though. Those cost me $11 each.

$5/jet from Dennis Kirk. PN N424-21-48 for the pilot jet.........99101-357-170 for the main jet

Most dealers deal with WPS , Tucker and Parts Unlimited. All of them have aftermarket jets in there for kehin and mikuni carbs. Your dealer should have a selection of them under the counter or behind the counter. Just ask them for the aftermarket jets.

Sounds stupid but inspect the jet they sell you. I purchased a #45 pilot jet from my local dealer at it was incorrect. The profile of the jet was exact but it was 1/4" shorter. I caught it before assembly so I don't know what problems it might have caused.

There are different styles of jets. So you must know what you need. Like a 42 or 45 series jet. Bring your old ones in so you can match up the style.