2000 WR400 timing/grey wire question

I just picked a 2000 WR400 for a great price with a ton of mods done to the bike and had a question for y'all.

The bike has been jetted for a YZ muffler, had the YZ timing done and also has the grey wire mod done. This bike really has some serious torque :thumbsup: .

It sits in my garage with the stock WR muffler on (uncorked with a special custom made, free flowing, downturned insert) and it runs great as it sits. If I plugged the grey wire back in to access some low end grunt for tricky east coast woods riding in 1st/2nd gear, is that going to cause any problems because I have the YZ timing done to the cams as well as the YZ jetting of the carb? Or would I hardly notice any difference because of the timing change?

I've been riding a few years, and this is my first "real" bike to play with. :thumbsup: Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Consensus is don't plug the grey wire in. It will not give you any increase in umph, and will actually limit you.

I ride the same type of trails with the same bike, leave it unplugged and get a flywheel weight and 52 tooth rear for the slow stuff.

I ride the same type of trails with the same bike, leave it unplugged and get a flywheel weight and 52 tooth rear for the slow stuff.

I already have a 12oz flywheel weight and a 52 on the rear to boot. I think I'm going to try it out this weekend.

Thanks for the input!