jetting discussion continues here

I read a few posts in the "jetting specs" and because i wanted to discuss the subject further i started this thread. If theres one already, please tell me and delete.

My opinion on the "jetting spec thread" is that "DigilubeJay" has some points, BUT he never (as far as i can see) says anything about HOW to jet the right way. Its just on and on about how we all should learn .... etc. etc.

In my opinon, an engine is jetted on a dyno with exhaust temp. and WBo2 ...

If not, its just a guess, could be how educated as ever, but still a guess ...

And in that case the "jetting spec" thread has a value .... If ten people finds the same jetting work good for the same condition, it cant be totally wrong ....

I hear you Fizz. I used to play around with main jets, needle settings and the fuel screw. I read enough post on TT about the JD Jet kit so I got one, and installed it just as the instructions say. I can say that I never thought my bike could rev so quick and be so crisp with this kit. I'm truely impressed with the JD Jet kit.

I can tell you that I don't have access to a dyno. I'm just an enthusiast like the lot of you.

I know how to discern better jetting from worse jetting tho. When I bought my 450 used, it had AWFUL jetting. The way it ran was a big clue to the nature of its poor jetting. It was hard to start, smelled like raw gasoline all the time, sooted the fender and shot giant blue flames on decelleration with an accompanied machine gun popping and also fouled plugs after every third ride.

So, with that in mind. I went out and tried higher and lower pjs on various peoples advice, needle settings and main jets too. Prior to my tinkering, which is exactly what I do since I'm not a paid mechanic, just an enthusiast mind you, the bike was nearly unridable.

I kept a detailed log of all my 'experiments' and I found what, TO ME, my feel for my bike is perfected jetting. Good enough to ride in the vaying altitudes and locations I find myself.

I did this PRIOR to our useful jetting specification database. I copied the thread idea from the WR forum, which is VERY helpful to many, many people.

I THEN posted my jetting values in that NEWLY stickied thread. Afterward I've had about a half dozen people PM me with advice on the same or similar model YZ450f. And in ALL cases we were able to tremendously improve thier bikes jetting by cloning my results.

Sure, it may not be PERFECT but a lot of people said thanks afterwards and I've then met them on the trail.

We are all enthusiasts after all.

I sure hope DigiLubeJay posts his dire warnings and screeds in all the other bike forums with like-minded stickied jetting thread.

MotoGoalie <- i think the thread is good information for thoose who doesnt have access to a dyno or fancy equipment ...

dont think this thread is meant to belittle your effort put into the "jetting spec" thread ... ?

i just wanna discuss different ways of jetting etc. etc. ?

MotoGoalie <- i think the thread is good information for thoose who doesnt have access to a dyno or fancy equipment ...

dont think this thread is meant to belittle your effort put into the "jetting spec" thread ... ?

i just wanna discuss different ways of jetting etc. etc. ?

Oh no sir. No worries.

I just hope that digilube puts his warnings and comments into all the other jetting spec threads on this board. It's so very helpful from the noob to the pro. I have no idea what I would do without that information. Just think, there are people in all those other forums that might not realize that those various jetting charts are dangerous and will turn them into doofuses if they use them as guidelines.

Think of the noobs, dude.