Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2000 xr650r

Race day!! xr650r cr500 yz426f

25 posts in this topic

Some people may think me posting this is dumb, but i thought it was very interesting. My street plated uncorked 00 xr650r vs 01 yz426f vs 1995 cr500. It was a sweet dirt drag of 3 of the best bikes ever. So off the line I (xr650r) started in second gear and got a bike lenght on both. The 426 and 500 were almost equal in acceleration. They both pulled next to me until 70-80mph i drove away.

So the pig held up pretty well. Neither of then was able to pass in accleration (becasue of my bike lenght i got ahead of the line), but i would say the bikes are all pretty close in straight up acceleration. YEA.

Also the yz426f was like new, the cr500 was fresh, and the xr650 was uncorked. We all have rode since we were little. all very good riders.

good stuff man. we welcome those stories :thumbsup:

next time try go against the new huskys and bergs , rumours afloat , they humble even the pig. :thumbsup:

I consistently beat out my buddies on their new 450f's and one buddy that has a nicely modded cr500. There is really no replacement for displacement unless through forced induction.

good stuff man. we welcome those stories :thumbsup:

next time try go against the new huskys and bergs , rumours afloat , they humble even the pig. :thumbsup:

I'll believe it when I see it :bonk:

Some people may think me posting this is dumb, but i thought it was very interesting. My street plated uncorked 00 xr650r vs 01 yz426f vs 1995 cr500. It was a sweet dirt drag of 3 of the best bikes ever. So off the line I (xr650r) started in second gear and got a bike lenght on both. The 426 and 500 were almost equal in acceleration. They both pulled next to me until 70-80mph i drove away.

So the pig held up pretty well. Neither of then was able to pass in accleration (becasue of my bike lenght i got ahead of the line), but i would say the bikes are all pretty close in straight up acceleration. YEA.

Also the yz426f was like new, the cr500 was fresh, and the xr650 was uncorked. We all have rode since we were little. all very good riders.

Good thing you weren't racing a L. :thumbsup::bonk:

Good information. :thumbsup: Now you need to post some results at a MX track and some single track.

Good thing you weren't racing a L. :thumbsup::bonk:

Good information. :thumbsup: Now you need to post some results at a MX track and some single track.

If he was on an L, he would been rig along side until he hit 5th gear and cruised away goin 110.

If he was on an L, he would been rig along side until he hit 5th gear and cruised away goin 110.

Dude smoke another one...jeez... :thumbsup:

Next time do a drag race going up a good size hill! :thumbsup:

Next time race from Ensenada to La Paz.

I think he was saying the 650R would win by even more, notice his screen name.

next time race the 700cc 2stroke ATK INTIMADATOR :thumbsup:

The price difference is 4 grand, dump that into the 650r to put them on the same price point and gladly.

spending 4 grand still wont help the xr ,

you trying to pit a bike that weights 220 lbs that puts out 75 hp against a bike that weighs 315 lbs and maybe low 60's hp if you lucky of mods

you do the maths , but this is applies to optimal surface conditons for both bikes .

spending 4 grand still wont help the xr ,

you trying to pit a bike that weights 220 lbs that puts out 75 hp against a bike that weighs 315 lbs and maybe low 60's hp if you lucky of mods

you do the maths , but this is applies to optimal surface conditons for both bikes .

Yes but 75HP is no good if you can't put it to the ground, my 650R is easily as quick as my last KX500 was and I suspect the 650R being quicker after about 60mph..both with comparable gearing, a built 680 will make close to if not 70hp and be usable power. I would gladly race a built 650R against just about anything, Johny cambells bike was clocked at like 117mph in the sand, can;t get much faster than that on a dirtbike.

Like you've ever been on an XR650 on anything but a parking lot, kwadlover! :excuseme:

there has gotta be some 1/4 mile times out there to put everything ot rest. if you get beat in that then you have no excuses you just know someone has a faster bike. i will be heading down with my 650r sometime in the next couple weeks.

I'm surprised that a 500 smoker cant beat the R....but then again, 500's are so light, off the line on pavement you cant use most of the power...that and the smoker powerband doesn't give good constant acceleration on pavement.