T-handle or knurled fuel screw?

For stock carb. Does anyone make one? I change 5000+ feet on some rides and it likes a little tweaking. Carrying around a little screw driver in my pocket is getting old.

Will this one work? ETA: The metering tip on those screws doesn't look as long and pointy as the stock screw ?? :thumbsup:

10915FMS0102PartDeterm-50,4.jpg

Maybe I'll just have to modify my extra fuel screw and make my own. :thumbsup:

ETA2: Here's a better pic of an FCR fuel screw. The tip is deffinitely different.

MSR-FuelMixtrScrew.jpg

For stock carb. Does anyone make one? I change 5000+ feet on some rides and it likes a little tweaking. Carrying around a little screw driver in my pocket is getting old.

Maybe I'll just have to modify my extra fuel screw and make my own. :thumbsup:

What I've read, but not done yet, is to solder a small piece of bicycle spoke onto the brass pilot screw head (after the tab is removed and the stop is ground off) in order to make your own T-handle. You don't even need to get an extra one. Seems like a simple and low cost mod.

What I have done is use a small length of fuel line or vacuum hose that fits snugly but still slips easily over the head of the screw. Makes it easier to turn it by hand without any tools. Heck, even a shraeder valve cap with some tape to reduce the inside diameter can work since it doesn't take much force to turn the ps. :thumbsup:

On my L, while performing Dave's Most Bodacious Carb Mods, I took my carb bowl over to the bench grinder, and ground it enough for the tab on the stock carb mixture screw to be able to rotate 360.

I think this screw is easily turned with or without the tab, I just opted to mod it the way I did.

For other types of mixture screws, i have heard of the rubber or plastic tubing (mentioned above) or brazing/soldering/welding/epoxying/JB_welding some sort of tip for "tool-less" adjustment.

I think the real question is brass vs aluminum. Any extended fuel screw will be pretty easy to adjust, I just dont trust the aluminum versions. If you overtighten even once it can deform the tip. The brass ones are usually tee handles.

Sorry, should've mentioned this is for an XRR. No tabs or stops to grind.