HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlasrider

Front Disk and Disk Guard for the WR 450

5 posts in this topic

After the last race I noticed that my stock front brake disk is out of round enough that when I spin it on the stand, it stops when it comes to the places it's been hit by other peoples roost. The stock unit is a floating disk that Yamaha wants $150. to replace. I found and purchased an EBC contour rotor for $89.00 and am searching for a plastic disk guard. I got one from CYCRA they said would fit, but it doesn't. It's for the YZ

and the bolt holes don't line up.

My question's are;

1.) Is anyone else using a non-floating front rotor, what type, any problems?

2.) Have you found a front disk guard that works on a 04 WR 450? Has anyone tried the ACERBIS universal.

My bike has the floating front disc. Why do they build them like that? What is the advantage?

:thumbsup:

My bike has the floating front disc. Why do they build them like that? What is the advantage?

:thumbsup:

Supposedly, the advantange of a floating disk is when it gets rock hits or dings, it can allow the disk to move a little so it can pass through the caliper with out binding. Several of the high end oversize rotors offer this feature...

usually at a price of over $200.00

I have the acerbis on my 04' wr450 and it works great and easy to install.

Does it mount via the axle hole? Or does it bolt on somewhere?