yz450 problem

hey guys

what does your oil look like when you change it? the other day I put brand new yama oil in my bike went out and rode maybe 1 tank of gas and the oil looks dirty already. it seems like everytime i change it, it gets dirty so fast. what does your oil look like and how long between changes?

What year is your bike? I have an 06 450 and when first oil came out was very dirty. Changed oil after about 2 hours (probably too long) and oil has stayed very clean since (about another 8 hours). I use Silkolene Comp 4 10w-40. There have been other threads on this regarding shelves in the motor that can retain dirt etc. Do a search to find out more. How often do you change your oil?

hey guys

what does your oil look like when you change it? the other day I put brand new yama oil in my bike went out and rode maybe 1 tank of gas and the oil looks dirty already. it seems like everytime i change it, it gets dirty so fast. what does your oil look like and how long between changes?

Assuming that your engine/tranmission is tight , works and looks fine I wouldn't sweat it . You could probably do a few very short interval oil changes to make it look prettier . If the oil got a little old and black one time it'll take a few flushes to clear out the nooks and crannies in the engine/trans.

Other causes : Tired engine/ring blow by goes right into the crankcase makes it black and clutch fiber material usually looks sort of like very well shaken balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing ...ok not the best analogy but ground up clutch fiber is pretty obvious .........Anyone else ?