HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wickedsprint

Ede,brock is in!

10 posts in this topic

Had to get a little creative with the fuel line install, no matter how I arranged it it wanted to touch the kickstarter, so I got creative, rotated the nipple on the back of the carb to face to the left of the bike, and ran the fuel line up and over the carb between the airbox and backside of carb and then across to the petcock, works like a charm and is nice and titdy.

Now for settings, bike is uncorked and at 6200 feet, running the 17E needle and started at 6 clicks out..holy crap it was rich in the lowend, would barely run, missing on acceleration..etc, topend was nice though, backed it out to 13 clicks and what a difference, amazingly the bike has more throttle response, layed down some nice 3rd gear powerslides. This is the first thumper I have ever ridden that supports the idea of 4-strokes having low end torque.

Some of us had problems with the corner of the carb rubbing a hole in the stock tank.

Better keep an eye on it.

I'm refering to the "R" model. I'm not sure about the "L"adies bike.

When Mr. Barnum installed mine, he cut the metal tube elbow down quite a bit to make it fit "The way it is supposed to" (his words exactly).

edit: helps if I read :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some of us had problems with the corner of the carb rubbing a hole in the stock tank.

Better keep an eye on it.

The L is just fine the way it is without having to buy yet another $500.00 part. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been considering an "L"adies myself for color cordination purposes. It will go well with my pink dress and tights. Then I will be allowed to ride with ghoti.

:thumbsup:

I've been considering an "L"adies myself for color cordination purposes. It will go well with my pink dress and tights. Then I will be allowed to ride with ghoti.

:thumbsup:

I just knew you were a cross dresser. :thumbsup:

Give us another update when you've got her dialed in. I'm trying to convince myself to get one this year.

what elevation are you setting this one up for anyway?

We'll have to compair notes once I get mine dialed for 7,000+ later this year. For now its going to stick at the 4,000 jetting for the little sahara :thumbsup: