Is a WR450 going to be too much for me?

I feel like a little kid and I know you all know what I mean! QUOTE]

That is exactly why I love motorcycles!!! I am 50 years old going on 7 whan I get within 10ft of a bike. I lose all my rational adult thoughts and LOVE it.

Thanks for your advice guys. I know I made the right choice. I didn't get it home until after dark so I only go to put around in front of the house but first thing tommorow morning I'm on it!

I feel like a little kid and I know you all know what I mean! Aint nothin like getting a new bike. When I was a little kid I would bring my brand new mini bike into the living room and sleep next to it... Lets see if I set the alarm... ?

Good for you! I too am looking for another bike, possibly a WR 450 as well.

I just got back from my 1st ride in 25 years. All I can say is YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa! The WR450 is docile as a kitten until you twist the throttle and then the lion comes out to play. I was supprised at how easy the power comes on. Nothing like the old 70's smokers.

Thanks again for your advice. I almost bought a TTR250, now I'm glad I didn't.

I have a grin from ear to ear and it won't go away...

See you on the trails!

Fred

Congrats on the new bike Fred,

I was glad to see the positive responses to your question as I too am/was in the same boat. I hadn't ridden bikes for 20 years and dusted off my old XL last spring and got the bug again. Sooo, I picked up my "new to me" 450 about 6 weeks ago and can't wait for spring. Been droolin all over it since then and the only thing stoppin me from riding is the foot and a half of snow.

So I will take everyone's advice and not uncork it until I have ridden it for awhile. I too may have to get the suspension tweaked as I am over 200 lbs and find the seat height intimidating.

Bill.

I just got back from my 1st ride in 25 years. All I can say is YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa! The WR450 is docile as a kitten until you twist the throttle and then the lion comes out to play. I was supprised at how easy the power comes on. Nothing like the old 70's smokers.

Thanks again for your advice. I almost bought a TTR250, now I'm glad I didn't.

I have a grin from ear to ear and it won't go away...

See you on the trails!

Fred

I've come into this a bit late but did exactly what you were contemplating re the TTR250. Bought it did all the free mods and a month later it wasn't enough bike for me either. I went & got a WR450F & have had a smile on my face ever since.

Good luck & happy ?

Old Yeller, Glad you went with the WR450. I got an 03 as my first bike and I love it, it was a little much at first (after the fuel screw and airbox mod and insert pulled out) but I grew right into it. if your bigger like me at 6'2" and 240 (riding weight. off season is 250ish) I highly recommend getting your suspension tuned to your weight and riding style ? . My bike is so much more forgiving (and I don't bottom out on the table tops no-mo) easily the best money I've spent on my ride.

-Cant wait to ride, but I am waiting on some parts so I guess I have no choice.

If a person is under 180 pounds and ride stuff like this the WR 450 would be too much.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1460169250141186830&pr=goog-sl

The 250 would not wear a person out as much. That course is brutal.

That is wild. I weight about 205lbs and I think that course would be too much for me! I would probably be a bit skeptical even on a 250.

It looks like fun, hard fun, but fun nonetheless.