HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evilfirbolg

Are all FCR41s created equal?

2 posts in this topic

I have a bud at a bike shop offering me a new FCR41, still in the box for 2 bones. Customer got it for a KTM and decided not to use it. I think it was originally sold to go on a SR500. Can I just jet and set this carb for my XR650L or are there different models of this feller that only work on specific rigs? I don't have it in hand or the #s off it and(as is obvious by me asking here) have yet to do any net sleuthing. Seems like it should work but somebody stop me if I'm wrong.

For $200 it'd be hard to go wrong. That's a smokin' price...

I know there are horizontal FCRs and downdraft FCRs as well as an MX model. I *think* any should work except the downdraft but if it was orginally for a KTM than it wouldn't be a downdraft.

Even if for some reason you couldn't make it work you could easily resell it for profit.