Gray wire mod

Is I understand it the gray wire mod, (opening the gray wire circuit), remaps the timing curve to the YZ spec. I'm assuming this YZ curve is more quickly advanced.

With the heaver WR flywheel I would think it cold lead to pinging or even less low end torque.

If this is the case what are the benifits of the gray wire mod to a WR?

I recently did it to mine but its too slick from snow and ice to really test it out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have done the T-stop mod.

Even so, if any engine timing advances faster then the engine can spool-up it'll stumble and possibly jus fall on its face.

I've messed with advance curves on 2 and 4 strokes and seen this happen.

Maybe the YZ curve is not much more advanced but I don't know.

Thats why I'm asking.

I will try to ride harder but I'm still curious.

thanks

I have done the T-stop mod.

Even so, if any engine timing advances faster then the engine can spool-up it'll stumble and possibly jus fall on its face.

On an engine where spark timing is determined by input from crank and throttle position sensors, this isn't a problem. The ignition module will correct for engine RPM and load.

Is I understand it the gray wire mod, (opening the gray wire circuit), remaps the timing curve to the YZ spec. I'm assuming this YZ curve is more quickly advanced.

With the heaver WR flywheel I would think it cold lead to pinging or even less low end torque.

If this is the case what are the benifits of the gray wire mod to a WR?

I recently did it to mine but its too slick from snow and ice to really test it out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

If you search on this list, you will find that it has been stated that by disconnecting the grey does change to the YZ fuel map which results in higher top end power but less low end. How much I do not know. I have a YZ timed WR 400 which has not had the grey wire mod completed. I am going to leave it like that because I am satisfied with the low end power and do not want to change it. I am in New England which is mostly tight rocky single track where low end is important. I will say however, that I have not done the grey wire mod to test the validity of this.

Hope this helps!

Bob

If you search on this list, you will find that it has been stated that by disconnecting the grey does change to the YZ fuel map which results in higher top end power but less low end. How much I do not know. I have a YZ timed WR 400 which has not had the grey wire mod completed. I am going to leave it like that because I am satisfied with the low end power and do not want to change it. I am in New England which is mostly tight rocky single track where low end is important. I will say however, that I have not done the grey wire mod to test the validity of this.

Hope this helps!

Bob

It doesn't effect bottom end.