HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrcgaf364

Chip in my new cylinder.....OK?

8 posts in this topic

I got my cylinder back about a week ago and i noticed a small chip on the very botom of it. Do you think its ok or should i send the bitch back and wait a little longer.... very small on the very bottom front of the cylinder. it looks as though the rings will not make contact once installed. working on pics but my GD batteries are dead

I would just round that out with a file and a honing stone a little. Probably nothing will ever touch it in operation.

my bros goped had a little chip on the intake port one time when he was meesing with the piston we noticed it he was too lazy to fix it and about half an hour later doing a hill climb (yes a hillclimb) it seized and completly ruined the cylinder and scarred the piston up. Thats just my two cents I think you should just file it down a bit and youll be fine