HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodsk

actual sound test results??

6 posts in this topic

does anyone have actual sound test results for any of the "quiet pipes" on 03-04 450s. I run the Q on my 400, and I have my 450 tuned to what I think is near perfection with a PMB insert, but would still like to quiet it down some.

so if any of you cali or MI folks have actually been sound tested by rangers or a race with a Q2 or any of the other pipes what level did you test at?

My 04' with a WB E2 pipe all plugged up usually tests between 95 & 96. I just tested last Sunday for a desert race @95. When they first came out with the E2 pipe the plug that came with it was not quiet enough and the had to add another piece to it to get the sound down.

My 04' with FMF Q tested at 93 and 97. I just got a SX Power Bomb header and Fresh Packing so I'm expecting cosistent 93's and 94's :thumbsup:

I don't know bout your rangers but our competition official's soundchecks are not very consistent :thumbsup:

My 04' with FMF Q tested at 93 and 97. I just got a SX Power Bomb header and Fresh Packing so I'm expecting cosistent 93's and 94's :thumbsup:

I don't know bout your rangers but our competition official's soundchecks are not very consistent :thumbsup:

Question Sir; I was under the understanding the FMF "Q" just had baffles with no packing?

My son's 01 YZ250F with the stock pipe and the PMB end cap w/SA and quiet insert tested @93.7 at Carnegie.

The Q2 is like a flowmaster, in that it cancels out sound by utilizing resonant chambers, rather than fiberglass packing. The original Q still uses packing.