HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fio

Maxxis M6006

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried a Maxxis M6006 140/80x18 on a 650L? Will it fit? Or should I just go with a 130/80x18? :thumbsup:

It looks like a good 50/50. I am going to mount some on my 650r. i ride 50%on-road. Anyone that has used it, does it get traction on grass or anything? And hows the wear?

I have run MT21's for a long, long time so that is all I really have for comparison. My current XL600R had a brand new 6006 on the rear when I bought it and a worn out death wing on the front. So I stuck another 6006 on the front. This is my take:

The rear is almost a full knobby but with a more round carcass. You don't give up much offroad traction out back compared to a MT21 but gain a little more pavement corner carving ability. Overall the MT21 was definitely better offroad and the 6006 is definitely better on road. So 50/50 it is.

The front isn't nearly as good offroad as a MT21 but it is 10,000 times better than a death wing. It is a pretty good compromise street tire with a decent ride and a round carcass for cornering with reasonable braking ability. Giving up a bit offroad doesn't bother me much on the front because it ain't like I plan on late braking this beast into a berm and carving my way past kids on MX bikes. Besides I did an asphalt face plant in the rain a couple of years ago on MT21. So, in other words, it is a good 50/50 choice for Big Red.

Traction on grass? I don't know because I treat grass like ice. But not many tires short of a soft terrain knobby work on grass. The longest slide of my life was a 75mph get off on wet grass - with knobbies. I would rather ride on ice.

Wear seems pretty good so far but not many miles yet since it is winter.

Thanks for the info guys :thumbsup: Now I just have to find some one who carries the 140 size here in SO CAL. :thumbsup:

I talked to a guy that runs Kenda D270's and loves them both on and off the road. They're cheap, compared to some of the other tires out there - $32-$35 per tire, abouts, after converting from Canuck currency.