HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kritter

Peg on American Honda sponsored rider breaks

6 posts in this topic

Did anybody get to witness this first hand at Adelanto on Childress's bike? I wondered if it was an American Honda modified frame or just stock. I have heard quotes of the american honda type fixes costing anywhere between $300 and $650...

Did anybody get to witness this first hand at Adelanto on Childress's bike? I wondered if it was an American Honda modified frame or just stock. I have heard quotes of the american honda type fixes costing anywhere between $300 and $650...

Maybe he didn't have the aftermarket peg bracket installed!! They do brake on a stock bike! :thumbsup:

I'm glad I sent my you my peg Kris to get fixed, by the way, get back to work so I have it soon!!! :thumbsup:

Mikey's foot peg broke off?! I said good luck to both Mikey and Steve on the starting line before Saturday's pro race. Then I spent a few minutes looking over both their bikes. Both bikes looked identical and both had what appeared to be stock foot peg mounts. I didn't see any physical modifications to the foot peg mounts and I thought "Hmmm...that's unsettling."

Hey Kris, I meant to say "Hi" to you at the Checkers finish. I was pitting for Gene.

Both bikes looked identical and both had what appeared to be stock foot peg mounts. I didn't see any physical modifications to the foot peg mounts and I thought "Hmmm...that's unsettling."

The american honda fix is un noticeable if you dont know what to look for....if it was a strap over the top of the frame like I do, then Honda would be saying "our peg breaks off and we know it" instead of claiming it doesnt happen.

With the custom fix, the frame is milled flat, drilled, and SS sleeves are installed...there is more to it then that but thats the jist and I have heard the cost is outrageous but in the end it appears factory untouched so Honda can still claim there is no problem with the footpeg.

Like I said though...it could have been just a stock frame...I dont know the details other then it broke off.

Mine broke after 2 months, I drilled the frame to a standard 7/16" fine thread, filed the frame flat again, and installed stainless bolts, it's been good for 5 years now. My cost....about $8.00 for bolts and a little red loctite!