06 Works Connection skid- backordered???

I'm a little tweaked... I ordered a bunch of stuff for my 06 yesterday from the TT store including a Works Connection skid. I got an email today saying it's backordered until 3/27, even though the WC site says nothing about it and Rocky Mountain shows it as in-stock. Has anyone else ordered one recently and heard whether or not they are backordered for sure?

I just got mine in today from Motosport.com.

I checked the Motosport site last night and it said backordered... I cancelled my TT order and got one from Rocky Mountain.

I ordered mine direct from Works Connection and recieved it within 1 week.

Have you guys got a PU part number for that skid-plate, I've been wanting to get an aftermarket plate and it sounds like the WC is the one to get.

Can anybody post a pic of the skidplate? I wanna see this rascal before I buy one...

probracing- I'm not into the big "snow shovel" skids... I have never needed anything more than a good glide plate which is why I went with the WC.

Goosedog- PU_05060254 is the number I used to order it from the TT store.

UPDATE- I misunderstood Don from the TT store... he told me he COULD get me one, I read that he COULDN'T. That said, I un-cancelled my TT order and cancelled the Rocky Mountain one. I can't say enough for the customer service Don provided, he was super helpful in finding all the parts I wanted, getting me the best prices out there, and going the extra mile to make sure I was happy. I will DEFINITELY be buying a lot more from the TT store in the future! You da man Don! :thumbsup:

DPW's right, it does NOT fit perfectly. It's not quite centered between the frame rails and rear attachment bolt location does not reach the tab on the frame. You'll need a longer bolt and a couple washers.

All in all, it's not terrible and does the job like it should, but im not 100% satisfied with the fit/finish as i've been with other WC products.

I wonder if they have changed anything since the first few were ran to address the problems Reyndogg stated? I'll let you know when I get my bike and get mine installed.

I agree w/ probracing, the Utah Motor sports is awesome for the riding I do. If your bashin rocks and trees, its the way to go. Fit is awesome and protects all the vital parts. Armor for your bike! :thumbsup:

I agree w/ probracing, the Utah Motor sports is awesome for the riding I do. If your bashin rocks and trees, its the way to go. Fit is awesome and protects all the vital parts. Armor for your bike! :ride:

Have you noticed any over heating problems since it does not have any holes for air?

i ordered a WC skid plate and got one for an 05 (i have an o6 yz450f). the dealer said WC doesn't have one for an 06. i guess they were wrong? i ended up with a Devol...and sorry that i did.