Best Mod....

I'm looking for the best mod to decrease the temp of my bike to help my auto clutch from overheating. I was thinking something to increase the amount of oil. I have heard of two2cool but dont know if it would be good for the clutch plates. Or post your fav mod even if it doesnt meet the criteria above. :thumbsup:

If your auto clutch is a Rekluse you can add tungsten balls to help it engage a bit sooner which results in less heat.

Ride faster! More air through the rads = cooler temp :thumbsup: I would start with a Boyesen water pump cover/impeller, I've heard a lot of good things about them. If that's not enough, go for bigger aftermarket rads.

Do you have Rekluse's side cover? It does hold more oil. Are you boiling over much?

Do you have Rekluse's side cover? It does hold more oil.
You could make the cover as big as a basketball, and it would not hold any more oil. The system is a dry sump, and all of the oil that hits the bottom is sucked up twice as fast as it arrives and sent back to the tank. The cover just allows more clearance for the Rekluse pressure plate without spacers, etc.

Run your coolant 70% distilled water and 30% antifreeze. I think Kelstr said he had some concerns about water wetter additives, which I understand if run with 100% water provides the best cooling ingredient. That is if you are not concerned with any possibility of freezing temps.

I build a turkey baster overflow for mine which works perfectly. I ride tight woods and clutch slipping hills so it gets hella hot.

What weight of oil are you running?

Watter Wetter or Engine Ice coolant would help in addition to the above suggestions.

Run your coolant 70% distilled water and 30% antifreeze. I think Kelstr said he had some concerns about water wetter additives, which I understand if run with 100% water provides the best cooling ingredient. That is if you are not concerned with any possibility of freezing temps.

I build a turkey baster overflow for mine which works perfectly. I ride tight woods and clutch slipping hills so it gets hella hot.

Is evaporation ever an issue on a long race? Anyone else think this is safe?

Is evaporation ever an issue on a long race? Anyone else think this is safe?

It ought to be safe. The prestone table says you can do it. Look on the back. I run 70/30 but ive never used water wetter.