Tire changing stuff

2 tire irons, some soapy water, and proper technique!

fershy

A 5 gallon bucket or small sturdy plastic trash can works nice as a stand and I second the technique stuff, it saves a lot of effort, the more you do it, the easier and faster it gets (its called practice). After doing about ~20 tires, now I can with 2 regular tire irons and 1 curved iron, I can get the old tire off and new one on in less time than the wheel R&R. My tip: I use some small quick/woodworking clamps to squeeze the tire to keep the beads in the center of the rim. "bead in the center of the rim" and curved tire iron is the secret to success.

• 3 months later...

Whew, i just changed my front and back tire. I had a friend help me that has done it dozens of times, but this was my first. I'm glad i learned how to do it, but now i think i'll find a shop to do it for $20.

Tools to do it yourself: A buddy who has done it before. 2 good tire irons, soapy water, patience and proper technique.

:excuseme:

Whew, i just changed my front and back tire. I had a friend help me that has done it dozens of times, but this was my first. I'm glad i learned how to do it, but now i think i'll find a shop to do it for $20.

:excuseme: everyone comes around in the end. $20 is well worth it!!!!!!!!

Change the front one yourself, I can just about do it with no levers. I only change the rear tyre after I have warmed it up (biggest tip I can give for changing tyres!). I leave it in my car boot for a while but it is 90 here.....

IF using a new tube, use a smattering of baby powder-helps things slide and helps prevent pinching.

I like the baby powder also. WD-40 works pretty good to. Just an opinion but until you get really good only use heavy duty tubes they are alot harder to pinch.

I use the tire changing tool/stand from Harbor Freight. It works. It cost $100, but I split it with three of my riding buddies.@ $25 bucks a piece, it's not bad.

I live is Santa Rosa Ca. where it is $25 a pop at the shop a tire. :busted:

We have a HF in town, Who wants to go in on a changer and stand? :bonk::excuseme: