2000 model YZ 426

That's good to know. Just got the paycheck today and I think I'll pass on the K&N...looks like AC Delco is putting out a pretty good filter, eh?

(BTW, I apologize, I'm not trying to jack the thread)

I had a 99 yz400f before I got this one from my dad. And I noticed quite a difference between the two. I love the 426 so much! Awsome bike by the way thats a sick 426 whoever posted that picture! :thumbsup: U will never regret getting this bike, trust me! especially if you like to do wheelies lol :thumbsup:

That's good to know. Just got the paycheck today and I think I'll pass on the K&N...looks like AC Delco is putting out a pretty good filter, eh?

(BTW, I apologize, I'm not trying to jack the thread)

Go with the Twinair foam and Notoil oil, best combo I've found. :thumbsup:

They are made by enjoymfg.com :thumbsup:

Is it the square key, or the halfmoon (woodruff) key on the other end of the crank? I was told it was the woodruff key ?
The key that engages the balancer drive gear on the dive end of the crank.

Mate i dunno if ya already got a 426 but i recomend ya get out there and buy one right now. I bout one a month ago and i still got a smile on my face from the first ride. jumped straight of 2 strokes and onto the 426 and i am never ever gunna go back. Learn the starting procedure is all i will say to ya. Get a pro to show ya cos i got shown by every joe average and the only one (and simplest) was from the shop attendent bloke

Happy riding mate

Hey, I have been riding a 2001 426 for a couple years now. I have been more then impressed with it. I have kept the machine stock, and have never had any of these problems that occur, I find with heavily modified bikes.

I have rebuilt the engine, due to a bent shifting fork, which stripped my 4th gear. about 200$ by the time I bought my replacement parts, and replaced everything the manual called for.

This is not bad seeing as that was the first repair since owning the bike. And was definately due to hard shifting on my part.

I really enjoy this bike, I have ridden both trails, and motocross and it has made the transition extremely well. It is designed as a motocross bike, but has no troubles at all playing in the trees.