New BRP issues

Picked up my new to me (couldn't tell it from brand new) 03 and had to take a spin of course. Warmed it up good before taking off and rode gently for 15 minutes or so. (COLD) When I back off the throttle the idle doesn't drop immediately, very little compression braking for a few seconds. Seemed like it was holding onto revs.?? CLutch? It engages very cleanly and smoothly off the line and feels very strong. The bike is bone stock and still corked.

Thanks

Not to worry, park it till it's uncorked and properly jetted, it doesn't take much to make it right. :thumbsup: Search post on uncorking and jetting then go for a ride.

this bike wasnt meant to be ridden all choked up

remove all that shit, and then tell us how it feels :thumbsup:

That symptom is the result of a lean pilot circuit. It's known as a "run-on" when the throttle is chopped. Uncorking her will do the trick.

Thanks guys, was HOPING I didn't have a mechanical problem right off the bat!

Guess that answers the question on whether to uncork or not. I don't think I really need the HP, but if it's not going to run smoothly without........

Uncork that beast and you'll never look back. 100% difference...

Is the throttle cable sticking? It's common for the cable to get misrouted when putting on the fuel tank. Make sure the cable is routed correctly where it passes next to the leftside frame mounting bolt.

Is the throttle cable sticking? It's common for the cable to get misrouted when putting on the fuel tank. Make sure the cable is routed correctly where it passes next to the leftside frame mounting bolt.

Doesn't appear that way Jim. He stated that it doesn't drop "immediately" leading me to believe it does in fact drop. Mine did the same thing when I got it. Annoying as hell. Get that puppy uncorked!

Doesn't appear that way Jim. He stated that it doesn't drop "immediately" leading me to believe it does in fact drop. Mine did the same thing when I got it. Annoying as hell. Get that puppy uncorked!

My uncorked BRP did this also after 2 weeks in Mexico. Lubed cables fixed problem.

My uncorked BRP did this also after 2 weeks in Mexico. Lubed cables fixed problem.

Seems like I stand corrected...inspect the cables too dudes! :thumbsup:

Being still corked up though and not having the symptoms when he turns the wheel, I'd still put some money on a lean pilot circuit.

You will think you bought a totally different bike after uncorking it, don't forget the jets.