HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goosedog

What skidplate for the 426?

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to decide on a good aftermarket skidplate for my YZ426 after casing on a rock last week and can't decide which one to get.

I have seen the ones available in the Parts Unlimited catatlog but can't tell from their pictures how well they fit and/or perform.

The ones I'm concidering are Devol , WorksConnection and Moose.

Do any of you YZ woods riders have a preference for good engine/frame protection from rocks and can post a pic of your skidplate installed so I can decide which to get.

Thanks a bunch, Mark :thumbsup:

The problem is the OEM plate comes just to the inside edges of the frame tubing and the rock I hit smashed one of the frame tubes right past the guard and below the split under the oil reservour. I want one that extends past the frame on either side but not too far out there in the way either.