Electric Cooling Fan On A Yz400f

:thumbsup: Does anyone know if its possible to put a cooling fan on a yz400f and if so what needs to be done.

first off you need power to supply the fan. So an external coil like the Eline needs to be installed.

Then you could use one. I would look at something like off the CRF450s or DRZ400s.

The easier solution is to go faster.

I ride with my seven yo son and he does not ride that fast yet so thats not an option

Have you tried engine ice or anything like that yet? A cooling fan is going to be costly so I would try the alternatives first before opening the wallet.

I ride with my seven yo son and he does not ride that fast yet so thats not an option

Tell your son to speed up then! Mine at 5 on a xr50 did just fine not to overheat a YZF when I was pacing him at the 6 mile at eddysville. Now he rips on the 110.

Either that or get more of a trail bike like a TTR or XR

Geez the guys asked "if its possible to put a cooling fan on a yz400f and if so what needs to be done"

Not what bike can I replace it with or ask for parenting advise lol

Yea i think the guy thinks he is funny. my son just started riding and i dont want to push him you know. i think i will try some engine ice . thats what everybody has been telling me at the yamaha dealer.hey i bet you guys in new zealand have some awesome places to ride huh?

Your gonna need either a www.electrexusa.com 50 watt stator $217 or WR 130 watt stator $300. Then you will need to find a fan. One that is waterproof.

I dont know where to start looking for a fan though. I know some have tried PC fans with some sucess. But I dont think they are very waterproof.

A wr radiator overflow bottle will help your problem some. Also make sure the jetting isn't too lean. Lean jetting generates heat. Engine ice coolant will help some also. I have heard of some using a higher preasure radiator cap of a KX.

Hope some of that helps.

you also might try replacing your coolant with this http://www.evanscooling.com/main3.htm

A lot of guys with big 4x4 quads on other forums are using it with good results. because of the radiator being plugged with mud it makes it less efficient so they would know. my 2cents

If it's temporary (until your son gets faster) then why not get an electric fan (many of the dual sport bikes have fans, buy one of those) and carry a small lead-acid battery. Fans don't take that much juice, maybe a few pound battery would run the fan for a couple hours at a time, and be less expensive than a lighting coil?

The most perminant solution would be a lighting coil, such as the WR coil or the eline coil. That will give you a constant juice supply for the fan. The only question I have is, will it put out enough juice at slow/idle speed to run the fan?

Check out the dual-sport bikes; many of them have an electric fan so hopefully looking at one of them will give you some ideas.

hey i bet you guys in new zealand have some awesome places to ride huh?

LOL I was thinking the same about you guys!! I dont think we do well if we do I dont know about them...........

We are actually limited to a couple of places to ride trails unless you know someone with a bunch of property