Gel seat DIY

Nice work. :thumbsup:

Good job and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

For those of us on a budget and with multiple bikes, is there a way to sew the jel into riding pants? Would this even be a good idea?

Steve

Dude that seat is sweet! Great Idea! If I didnt stand all the time I would definetely do that!! :thumbsup: I cant ride sitting down :thumbsup:

My son and I are ridding the MCCCT Safari this summer. 700 miles of single track in 5 days

You sir are a life saver...or at the very least, a butt saver.

(No disrespect intended)

Hey Y'all,

Just some extra info. That same gel is available on Ebay. You can buy it by the square inch. I bought a piece that was 8 inches by 18 inches. It came out to I think about $40 for the piece with shipping included. I had the cover put back on yesterday. The only thing I did was only cut the front section so that the gel piece contours in up front. It sits on top of the foam in the back to provide additional comfort for my sensitive rear. Hope that helps and happy riding. Tony

Dude that seat is sweet! Great Idea! If I didnt stand all the time I would definetely do that!! :thumbsup: I cant ride sitting down :thumbsup:

Then you're not riding far enough! I've got a stand up limit of about 100 miles.

For those of us on a budget and with multiple bikes, is there a way to sew the jel into riding pants? Would this even be a good idea?

Steve

Gel underwear! Damn that's a good idea. Or you could wear it like a diaper. :thumbsup:

Gel underwear! Damn that's a good idea. Or you could wear it like a diaper. :thumbsup:

Well, as much as I like the idea of wearing a diaper (no, really), I was thinking gel-biker shorts or the gel just sewn into the buttflap on the back of the riding pants.

Steve (who has no butt and needs gel-implants) :thumbsup:

I was thinking, with one of those 18" X 18" pads I could do two seats (18" X 9").

(Somebody check my math.)

I was thinking, with one of those 18" X 18" pads I could do two seats (18" X 9").

(Somebody check my math.)

You don't need math. Just read the first post.

That looks good.

is that a custom rack?

is that a custom rack?

Scott Summers and I don't recommend it. I've seen another that's sold on XR's Only and it looks better.

Nice job on the seat mod. I also like that that cover it's simple and stylish at the same time. Who makes it?

I don't think biker shorts would help much. They are padded where you sit on those tiny little seats (we recumbent riders call them "wedgies"). Much narrower seat. More around the inner thigh/crotch area.

Gel underwear! Damn that's a good idea. Or you could wear it like a diaper. :ride:

Go to your local mountain bike shop and pick up a pair. They work great :ride: They cost any where from 30-60 USD. I use them when pedaling or when the pig is between the legs! :ride: