new problem any ideas?

I did too many changes to the XR650l at one time. I rejetted, adjusted valves and removed the injector pump with a kit from IMS. The bike ran fine before my cahnges but now it has littel power and pops through the exhaust when I take off. Is tehre some little thing I missed that some one else has experienced here. It acts like dirt in the main jet.

Did you change to foam air filter or put a different exhaust on? That would be the only time you'd rejet. The stock carb settings work with the factory corked XRL, whether or not you pull the smog crap off.

Also, check the routing of the carb vacuum lines. You might have inadvertently blocked one off instead of connecting a line to it, or installed a line in the wrong place.

Did you change to foam air filter or put a different exhaust on? That would be the only time you'd rejet. The stock carb settings work with the factory corked XRL, whether or not you pull the smog crap off.

Also, check the routing of the carb vacuum lines. You might have inadvertently blocked one off instead of connecting a line to it, or installed a line in the wrong place.

Must have routed the vac. lines wrong.

None of the above, but thanks. I found two problems:

1. the spark plug cap was broken and making intermitent contact.

2. I had removed the kick stand switch and teh bike would quit when I sliped into gear. The combination made me look for things that weren't teh problem.

Any one know how to rewire the kick stand switch? This bike won't start in gear at all. It must be in nuetral. Is that the way all of tehm are?

By the way i just rode this bike today after all teh rejetting and new parts on it. I am amazed the way it handles and corners. I had a 640 KTM LC4 until last november and the 650L is every bit as good handling as that was. It is slightly down on power, but not a lot. It feels lighter as well.