what's the difference between L and R frt end?

hi all,

didn't have any luck with a search........

anyboby know the differences between the L and R front end?

I have an L and there's guy in my area selling an R frt end and wheels and the one thing I do know is that there are more SuperMoto parts available for the R, including things like a big brake kit for the stock wheel/hub set, etc....... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hi all,

didn't have any luck with a search........

anyboby know the differences between the L and R front end?

I have an L and there's guy in my area selling an R frt end and wheels and the one thing I do know is that there are more SuperMoto parts available for the R, including things like a big brake kit for the stock wheel/hub set, etc.......

You are talking about the 600R?

no, sorry......650L and 650R........

The XR650R is a 46mm KYB w/ rebound and compression adjustability. It's a good fork.

The 650L is a 43mm air Showa. A real POS if you ask me and the weakest point on the L.

If you have a chance to replace the L front with an R, do it, this is a highly desirable upgrade, and what I would do if I could find an R front end. You will need the entire R triple tree and wheel assembly and it will be a straight bolt on.

BTW, hope your buddy doesn't find out that complete R front ends command about a grand on Ebay, this is a desirable upgrade, and believe it or not their are more than a few CRF450 guys who ride the desert and want the 46mm KYB conventionals in place of their Showa USD's.

Eric

BTW, hope your buddy doesn't find out that complete R front ends command about a grand on Ebay, this is a desirable upgrade

thanks for the great info........and SHHHHH!!!! on the last point......he may post here!!!!! :thumbsup:

SCORE!!!!

just picked a complete frt end with wheel and tire and brakes and everything for an R....$300

the guy works at cycle gear and we looked up the steering stem bearings and he ended up saying that he thought that I would have to buy the CR500 bearings because they have the same ID as the R steering stem, but the compatible OD with my XR-L

anybody have any experience with swapping an L frt end for an R?

About 20 years in suspension improvement...while still maintaining the conventional style.

SCORE!!!!

just picked a complete frt end with wheel and tire and brakes and everything for an R....$300

the guy works at cycle gear and we looked up the steering stem bearings and he ended up saying that he thought that I would have to buy the CR500 bearings because they have the same ID as the R steering stem, but the compatible OD with my XR-L

Good deal. I don't know about the bearings, the R triple clamps should bolt right on. If that's not the case, my project is going to be a bit ****ed up as well, but everyone I've talked too indicated the R triple clamp is a straight bolt on. Perhaps the L steering stem should be used with the R clamps????

Eric

SCORE!!!!

Sweet deal. Think you can find another complete setup out there in CALI. Jeez that would be great if someone else wanted to get rid of one. I would buy it.

:thumbsup:

Sweet deal. Think you can find another complete setup out there in CALI. Jeez that would be great if someone else wanted to get rid of one. I would buy it.

:thumbsup:

there was a post earlier in this thread about one on ebay......

still loking for any info on direct swap....

anybody?

Bueller?