HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamaster

Yz Carb Needle

5 posts in this topic

Is there any difference between the wr and yz needle other than the yz is adjustable? The only thing I can imagine is that the yz needle might have different tapers and might be thinner to richen up the jetting. Am I right?

Good question - I have often wondered the same thing and I look forward to someone posting an answer ... perhaps this may be a little too technical or no-one else has thought of this as an option?

My '99 WR400 has a YZ needle in it. It was in there when I bought it. I looked up the P/N for a WR and a YZ needle, and mine was marked as shown for a YZ. Yes, the YZ needle has more taper than a WR needle. I found a resource that gave the taper dimensions and they are different for the 2.

thanks for the info. Hopefully Ill get one on tuesday. The 450 pinging a bit and its poppin so I need to adjust.