Fixing of Zipty fuel screw

I have read in a couple of threads now that the zipty screws can vibrate loose and be lost on a ride.

How common is this problem? :thumbsup: What should be done to prevent it? :thumbsup:

Only SOME of them have had this problem. They had a run of bad ones where the threads were milled improperly. I believe they were taking them back for a straight return...SC

Only SOME of them have had this problem. They had a run of bad ones where the threads were milled improperly. I believe they were taking them back for a straight return...SC

How long ago was this? I got mine from the TT store this week. Will it be a newer ok one or is there a chance it could be a dud :thumbsup: ?

Not sure about the new ones, I will tell you I bought one 1 1/2 yrs ago and it would never stay in. I try calling and emailing the company, they just ignored my request altogether. I for one will never deal with them, very shotty customer service. On top of that, I now have to use a plyable silicone to hold the original in. Not a pleasant experience, but that is just my opinion.

How long ago was this? I got mine from the TT store this week. Will it be a newer ok one or is there a chance it could be a dud :thumbsup: ?

I'd bet yours is fine since it's newer...SC

The one on my dads bike did that last weekend at sand mountain, I thought it was just not threaded in at first, but then I took a closer look and noticed that there was a small chunk of rubber on it. That chunk of rubber was a piece of the o-ring in there. So he drove down and got a new o-ring and made the spring a bit tighter and havent had any problems since.

I've got an old one and its held up :thumbsup: never came loose

I have read in a couple of threads now that the zipty screws can vibrate loose and be lost on a ride.

How common is this problem? :thumbsup: What should be done to prevent it? :thumbsup:

Don't worry mate, just make sure you use the o-ring from the old screw.

You can stretch the spring a tiny bit more for more pressure on it, but not to worry.