kxf vs rmz?

has anyone rode them both, i have planned on getting an rmz for a while now just to try somthing diff but i have never rode one, but i rode a new kawi yesterday and it was pretty cozy eronomic wise, i was just wondering if they felt anything alike in the rider department.

I've never ridden a KXF450, but I can tell you about my RMZ450.

The seat hieght feels pretty tall, definitely taller than my YZ. The seat is also fairly flat. The placement of the footpegs and the shape of the frame really lets your legs lock into the bike. This really helps with the control of the bike and make it feel more like your riding "in" the bike rather than "on" the bike. Hopefully that makes sense.

I put a different bar bend (doug henry protapers) because they are straighter (less sweep) and a little bit wider. They fit my long lanky arms better. I could have gotten by with the stock bars though.

Overall the ergos of this bike feel pretty roomy and everything feels like it's in the right spot. I am pretty tall (6'1") so I really really like the way this bike feels. It's a major reason I got this bike (that and the smooth motor). I usually have to mess around with taller bar mounts, etc... All I had to do to make this bike feel PERFECT was a different bend of bars. All of the suzukis seem to have really roomy, comfortable ergos. My RM125 was the same way, I loved that bike.

I'm sure this bike could be set up really well for shorter people too.

• Like 1

well if you buy a KXF i herd they blow up a lot The RMZ the clutches go out a lot the CRF valves suck and SXF are just way over priced I haven't herd any thing bad about the YZF ( not just saying that cause i have one) I was looking at a KXF to but the Yamaha is the better all around bike. But as I read into it all the bikes have good all around handling the Honda has the more powerful bike.

• Like 1

kx blowing up?? first time i heard that one but. but i have 3 bikes kxf yz250 an ktm 380 an the kx is without a doubt the best bike ive rode. Im 6'1 190 an the bike feels like it was built around me. just keep the oil changed an airfilter clean an it should last awhile. One more thing get rid of the stock chain its awful

• Like 1

The only bad thing i have heard about the KXF is the brakes aren't as good as the other bikes. Not saying the brakes bad, just not as good.

The RMZ though is a brilliant piece of machinery. The best part about the RMZ is its cornering and bottom end power.

• Like 1

Nothing turns better than the RMZ. On a tighter course I'd say the RMZ is a little better. The only complaint I have is the twitchy rear end in stock form. I had an RMZ for a little bit last year and loved the motor and turning. My KXF on the other hand is a great turner also and has about the perfect moto motor... very powerful and linear without ripping your arms out of their sockets. The bonus is the KX suspension is VERY good even in stock form and the bike feels lighter than any of the other 450's IMO. I love the 4 speed trans on both bikes too.

well if you buy a KXF i herd they blow up a lot The RMZ the clutches go out a lot the CRF valves suck and SXF are just way over priced I haven't herd any thing bad about the YZF ( not just saying that cause i have one) I was looking at a KXF to but the Yamaha is the better all around bike. But as I read into it all the bikes have good all around handling the Honda has the more powerful bike.

Do u even know what your talking about?????? ?? that is the most biased opinion I have read.........all yamahas are pigs except for the 06. U cant compare your bike (2003YZF250) to any of the above mentioned so u should not give an oppinion on either :bonk::bonk:

has anyone rode them both, i have planned on getting an rmz for a while now just to try somthing diff but i have never rode one, but i rode a new kawi yesterday and it was pretty cozy eronomic wise, i was just wondering if they felt anything alike in the rider department.

U know what I have rode them both and both are solid.......at first I did not like the kxf450 when I rode it a month ago but I rode this past weekend and its a pretty nice bike, I would not switch brands because I love my 2006 rmz450 much better, but I would've definently considered it over the honda........I had an 05 crf450 before I bought my rmz And wowo what a diiference......But in the air from what I noticed the rmz feels really good has alot of feel and goes where u want it....that was my only complaint on the kxf I really did'nt like how it felt in the air.......the brakes are good power is awsome...but over all has a similar feel to the honda......the rmz frame design I think is what sets it apart from the honda and the kxf......thats where the handleing and corners come into play.....I think that the rmz is for a bigger rider......but Ricky kicks ass on the bike so who am I to say ? I like all the new bikes But my choice is the MIGHTY ZOOK>>>>>and its about that time of the year where u could probaly test ride some of the used bikes and see which one u like the most.........GOOD LUCK ON UR PURCHASE ?

Do u even know what your talking about?????? ?? that is the most biased oppinion I have read.........all yamahas are pigs and always will be. U cant compare your bike to any of the above mentioned so u should not give an oppinion on either :bonk::bonk:

I don't know what I'm talking about????? well since i have been shopping for a new 450 for the last 5 months and i have gone to all the dealers around where i live and i have come to the conclusion that the YZF is a better bike. And when i was shopping the KXF and the Honda came so close but the Honda had the valve issues and th KXF is in its first year of production. And on the other hand I have a friend who has an 05 KXF250 and the thing has blown up 2 times...my 2003 YZ250F has blown up 2 times. But in the end it all comes down to personal opinion. And when i wrote that last peace on this thread i new there was going to be some jack ass Kawasaki rider going to call me names and ask if i knew what i was talking about. But when i shop for a bike i look at them all. It just so happens it has been the Yamaha the past two times.

I don't know what I'm talking about????? well since i have been shopping for a new 450 for the last 5 months and i have gone to all the dealers around where i live and i have come to the conclusion that the YZF is a better bike. And when i was shopping the KXF and the Honda came so close but the Honda had the valve issues and th KXF is in its first year of production. And on the other hand I have a friend who has an 05 KXF250 and the thing has blown up 2 times...my 2003 YZ250F has blown up 2 times. But in the end it all comes down to personal opinion. And when i wrote that last peace on this thread i new there was going to be some jack ass Kawasaki rider going to call me names and ask if i knew what i was talking about. But when i shop for a bike i look at them all. It just so happens it has been the Yamaha the past two times.

Again I ask "DO" know what your talking about ??.........First off I dont ride a kawasaki!!!!!!!I ride a 2006 rmz450.........Secondlythe 2005 kxf250 is a bike thats way off to compare to a kxf450.......u need to do some more homework I dont care how long u have shopped for a bike.......u need to learn more about them. U ride a 2003 yzf250 thats a far cry to try and make statements about bike your have never ridden........u need to use your own experience, not the magazines or others..........Because u have had a friend that owns a kxf250 that has blown up 2 times means nothing to me, but hey I guess if he maintained the bike like u talk about them.....than I have already figuered out the problem with his bike failing.........And how can u have a personal opinion on a bike u have never ridden?????????????

Again I ask "DO" know what your talking about ??.........First off I dont ride a kawasaki!!!!!!!I ride a 2006 rmz450.........Secondlythe 2005 kxf250 is a bike thats way off to compare to a kxf450.......u need to do some more homework I dont care how long u have shopped for a bike.......u need to learn more about them. U ride a 2003 yzf250 thats a far cry to try and make statements about bike your have never ridden........u need to use your own experience, not the magazines or others..........Because u have had a friend that owns a kxf250 that has blown up 2 times means nothing to me, but hey I guess if he maintained the bike like u talk about them.....than I have already figuered out the problem with his bike failing.........And how can u have a personal opinion on a bike u have never ridden?????????????

who said i have never ridden them i have ridden a KXF 450 didn't suit me cause i am so tall the Yamaha does and my friend who has the 05 kxf250 has an 06 450 and yes i rode it cause i was thinking about getting one my other friend who has the 06 YZ450F was the most comfortable i have ever rode so don't go making judge ments you can not prove. But i can see y you are arguing with me cause you seem to like the KXF and the RMZ and I'm not bad mouthing them they are good bikes the Yamaha is just the better of the 450's

yes im the same too man but it came down to the best deal!!! ive had yamahas all my life im 38 now blue blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but something changed and i went yellow the rmz450 is the best bike ive ever owned it is a ripper no more blue 4 me!!!!!!!!!!!!!18 hrs and pounding it!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

who said i have never ridden them i have ridden a KXF 450 didn't suit me cause i am so tall the Yamaha does and my friend who has the 05 kxf250 has an 06 450 and yes i rode it cause i was thinking about getting one my other friend who has the 06 YZ450F was the most comfortable i have ever rode so don't go making judge ments you can not prove. But i can see y you are arguing with me cause you seem to like the KXF and the RMZ and I'm not bad mouthing them they are good bikes the Yamaha is just the better of the 450's

first I dont need to proove anything to anyone.......secondly I can see just by the way u talk; your full of sh ?!!!! what makes the yamaha so much better......please tell me!!!!even if I was listening to everyone else including magazines yamahas are never on top of the subject..."EVER" secondly the guy who posted this thread asked about the rmz and kxf....your out of your element talking about the yzf.....I hope no one takes your advice specially one who would'nt buy a bike becasue a totally different model and motor and year blew up........Get a clue bro ?

yamahacrazy_310 said:

But i can see y you are arguing with me cause you seem to like the KXF and the RMZ and I'm not bad mouthing them they are good bikes the Yamaha is just the better of the 450's

Now that is just your opinion that the "Yamaha is just the better of the 450's" which in actual fact is not true, It may be better in some areas but lacking others, Your opinion may hold no real value to the potential buyer and from what ive read of your posts I really doubt you even know what you are talking about, And since this post started out kxf vs rmz why did you even bring the Yzf into it??

• Like 1

so transworld didn't pick the YZ450f (at least i think it was) and the Yamaha fits taller riders built better in every way feels so light. and I'm not taking anything away from the other bikes there all great and you think I'm bull**** that is your opinion but it is wrong

NO. Transworld picked the KXF. Please don't tell me you would actually base your choice on what a mag says anyway....&%$#@!?

yamahacrazy_310 said:

Now that is just your opinion that the "Yamaha is just the better of the 450's" which in actual fact is not true, It may be better in some areas but lacking others, Your opinion may hold no real value to the potential buyer and from what ive read of your posts I really doubt you even know what you are talking about, And since this post started out kxf vs rmz why did you even bring the Yzf into it??

If you look at my first post i brought in all the 450's but tell me what is wrong about the yamaha