HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RdrMtn

Handlebar mounted auxilary fuel tank.

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where to get one? I can't seem to find any. I would also like to hear reviews from anyone who has had one.

In the past I have used both the 1 qt and 2 qt enduro jugs on my bars. Not much of a weight issue. The 2 qt is actually about 53 oz. if I remember correctly. After going about 30 miles I would then dump the gas in the tank. sometime a little extra gas is all you need. Cheak with Rockymountain I believe they have had them in the past. Look under Enduro Jug. I never had problem with fuel leaking out either. I think you can get them in white, red and blue.

Good luck

In the past I have used both the 1 qt and 2 qt enduro jugs on my bars. Not much of a weight issue. The 2 qt is actually about 53 oz. if I remember correctly. After going about 30 miles I would then dump the gas in the tank. sometime a little extra gas is all you need. Cheak with Rockymountain I believe they have had them in the past. Look under Enduro Jug. I never had problem with fuel leaking out either. I think you can get them in white, red and blue.

Good luck

I have had a blue (not that color matters) Enduro Jug for over 15 years. They hold up well. If you use them for drinking water, hit 'em with a weak solution of chlorine bleach now and then. It keep the epizooties from growing in there.

If they ever get to a point where you wouldn't want to drink out of it any more, they are great for gas (like the folks in this thread are intending to use them for), spare coolant, spare nuts/bolts/zipties/keys/change/wrenches, etc....anything that'll fit. Very sturdy.

I think they come in two sizes, too. 1qt/2qt

Lots of other ideas, too:

http://www.bigcee.com/rearjug.html

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/tech/carry/

Maier discontinued those jugs a couple of years ago and only shows the 2 qt. size left in stock on there web site. I think Protaper 's and Camelbak 's killed that product line.

They hold up well, my first one lasted over 11 years.

I'll get more life out of the new one if I don't put it in the freezer overnight during the summer season. :thumbsup: