What fuel screw do people like?

I have run the ZipTy in two YZFs and both fell out. Luckily I was riding a track and was able to find them after walking it for 20 minutes. I had to drill a hole and safety wire the screw to keep it from moving in on of them. In my opinion...not a good product...at least the two that I have.

Now I recently purchased the fuel screw from Stealth Racing Tech. In my opinion...a superior product. That thing is not vibrating out. It fit in perfect. It comes with a o-ring on the shaft of the screw also to keep it from vibrating loose. I purchased the option new spring, washer, and o-ring and it installed great. http://www.stealthracingtech.com/

This company was also on top of things. It was shipped out the same day I ordered it through the Internet and received three status emails...one after purchase, one with shipping date, and another that it was shipped. Great communication in my book.

For almost the same price you can get a better product than the ZipTy screw. I don't know anything about Scott or the others.

whats with the fuel screw adjustment?

I mine bike has got a knob but I haven't messed with it at all.

whats with the fuel screw adjustment?

I mine bike has got a knob but I haven't messed with it at all.

Well, I know what my bike feels and sounds like when it's in near-perfect tune and I can hear slight variations from that in normal riding. Colder, hotter, more or less humid all make it run differently and a slight 1/8-1/4 turn on it either way is usually all it needs to be perfect again.

Plus it gets a hanging idle and pops when it's lean, and just sounds dull, reacts slowly, and gets harder to start when it's rich... Daily adjustments are a good idea on the fuel screw.

Thanks brotha, thats what I thought it would do, but I dont have that problem my friend. Her in SoCal it is just about always the same temp when I go riding and I hear no variations with how my engine is singing from when I first start it up to after I've been riding for a few hours. (less lifter noise though)

zip-ty makes riding easier

zip-ty

I have run the ZipTy in two YZFs and both fell out. Luckily I was riding a track and was able to find them after walking it for 20 minutes. I had to drill a hole and safety wire the screw to keep it from moving in on of them. In my opinion...not a good product...at least the two that I have.

Now I recently purchased the fuel screw from Stealth Racing Tech. In my opinion...a superior product. That thing is not vibrating out. It fit in perfect. It comes with a o-ring on the shaft of the screw also to keep it from vibrating loose. I purchased the option new spring, washer, and o-ring and it installed great. http://www.stealthracingtech.com/

This company was also on top of things. It was shipped out the same day I ordered it through the Internet and received three status emails...one after purchase, one with shipping date, and another that it was shipped. Great communication in my book.

For almost the same price you can get a better product than the ZipTy screw. I don't know anything about Scott or the others.

Man those are trick I wish I hadn't already bought one i'd get one of those.

ktm makes a sweet one with a knob no pun intended works well and looks prety trick, but only for the kehein carb overall a very good product for the oh so tempermental four two six fuel mixture

Thanks for all the input everyone... I went with the ZipTy.

Thanks brotha, thats what I thought it would do, but I dont have that problem my friend. Her in SoCal it is just about always the same temp when I go riding and I hear no variations with how my engine is singing from when I first start it up to after I've been riding for a few hours. (less lifter noise though)

Weather changes everywhere. If you have never adjusted your fuel screw, how do you know if your motor is "singing"? Maybe running pretty good is acceptable ( not saying your bike doesnt run great). The big thumpers are plenty powerful and if running pretty well are handfuls for all but the paid pros. The rest of us can get along with less but why? Especially if it just an adjustment that is free. Keep record of where it was set prior to fiddling and turn it. See if it works for you.

Weather changes everywhere. If you have never adjusted your fuel screw, how do you know if your motor is "singing"? Maybe running pretty good is acceptable ( not saying your bike doesnt run great). The big thumpers are plenty powerful and if running pretty well are handfuls for all but the paid pros. The rest of us can get along with less but why? Especially if it just an adjustment that is free. Keep record of where it was set prior to fiddling and turn it. See if it works for you.

What seems to suffer the most with altitude changes is off the bottom crispness, for example there is a track here called lemon grove that is at less than 1000 feet which requires more fuel than say Gorman which is above 2500 feet of you were at lemon grove and you rode last at Gorman your bike would pop on deceleration so you would give it approximately one half turn and you would be good for the rest of the day.

Or if the situation were reversed the bike would feel more lethargic anyway since you are 1500 feet higher so you would go in a half turn.

I hope this helps.

I just got mine from them, as well. I swear I ordered it on Friday and it came on Monday!!! They're from Utah and I'm in Ohio. Talk about quick. Holy cow, Batman.

The screw I got was the Titanium, as well and it is rather simple and basically the same as everyone else's, BUT it's tip looks much better and considering it is Titanium and not aluminum or anodized aluminum, the tip should hold up easily. Their sping kit is a must - much thicker and an extra 1-1/2 coils to keep pressure on the screw to avoid falling out.

They also address the fact that there are issues with screws vibrating out. They also are cool enough to state that even some of theirs have had issues. I think it is a common thing - hell, a buddy had his oem one fall out!!

Anyways, they give an idea of what to do - use Permatex - to avoid it from falling out. I used teflon tape, but I guess Permatex would work...

Anyways, great screw. It has a larger knob to grab ahold of and is a trick looking piece. Highly recommended!