06 450 pipe

This is a subject matter that always never has a good answer depending if you want a pipe or want quiet.....it is a no win situation. Since the sound requirements are what they are, and getting tighter next year, just be smart in your purchase decision. I know what pipe I am going to buy and that is what it is......the stock pipe in my opinion is lacking in performance as well as weight - it is a boat anchor! If you are the "Avg. Joe" rider,stick with it.....you won't ever see or feel the difference.

Is there an aftermarket muffler that works well, but also allows you to change the insert to decrease the DB levels and add a Spark Arrestor as required, depending on riding areas? For the track, obviously, you wouldn't want all that, but for off-road it would be nice if there's was a muffler that provides more flexibility?

Thanks!

This is a subject matter that always never has a good answer depending if you want a pipe or want quiet.....it is a no win situation. Since the sound requirements are what they are, and getting tighter next year, just be smart in your purchase decision. I know what pipe I am going to buy and that is what it is......the stock pipe in my opinion is lacking in performance as well as weight - it is a boat anchor! If you are the "Avg. Joe" rider,stick with it.....you won't ever see or feel the difference.

I agree with you, with the stocker you don't have much flexibility as far as spark arestors or quiet core inserts.

I ended up buying a DMC pipe that has both of those options, and a stainless head pipe.